Travel Iron in cabin

1 hour ago, gerif said:

I’ve cruised on other lines that have a laundry room. Never occurred to me to use them. I also don’t iron at home (haven’t owned an ironing board in at least 40 years). If it requires ironing, I don’t buy it. 

Back 37yrs ago when joined Military would Iron my Uniforms. No biggie always Ironed my Jeans, Shirts and evenT-shirts back then. 30yrs ago was done with that, had got some few Promotions and wasnt too expensive let someone else do it. Last 20 yrs while Cruising I bring my clean Dress Dress shirts and have them Pressed 1st nite. My Mother finds it strange when visiting that not one my kids even own an Iron...

2 hours ago, gerif said:

I’ve cruised on other lines that have a laundry room. Never occurred to me to use them. I also don’t iron at home (haven’t owned an ironing board in at least 40 years). If it requires ironing, I don’t buy it. 

Laundry rooms come in handy on long cruises. I don’t use them on 7 day sailings but I do on longer sailings. 

22 hours ago, leen50 said:

I may be incorrect, but I thought I had read it on CC. No worries!

You may have read it on Cruise Critic, just not on the Royal Caribbean board.  And RC does not have "butlers", so you probably saw that elsewhere.  🙂

11 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

You may have read it on Cruise Critic, just not on the Royal Caribbean board.  And RC does not have "butlers", so you probably saw that elsewhere.  🙂

Charles 4515 already found the answer. It is on NCL. Also I never mentioned 'butlers'. never had one, never will.

2 minutes ago, leen50 said:

Charles 4515 already found the answer. It is on NCL. Also I never mentioned 'butlers'. never had one, never will.

Sorry, leen.  I hit "reply" before seeing that there is a page 2.  I thought that I was at the end of the thread! 

(you are right, of course.  My brain remembered it, a few seconds later, as Butler.  You said Royal Stewards.  😀)

• Like 1

On the last day of our cruise I took my wool winter jacket out of the suitcase and it was all wrinkled.  Put it in the shower with the hot water running.  I proceeded to pack.  I had on my nightgown with my clothes ready to wear the next day in the closet.  The SMOKE ALARM went off.  I opened the bathroom door and the steam was so thick.  I tried to reach in and shut the hot water but it was too hot.  At the same time The phone was ringing.  Yes it was the front desk asking if there was a fire.  I tried to explain and some was ringing our door bell ( we had a suite).  Here I am in my nightgown and two security men come in.  They check the whole room and balcony including closets.  After they shut the water they called downstairs to shut the alarm off.  Through all this my husband was out walking around.

• Haha 1