Ship time = local time?

saxkid

That's not what I meant.  Carnival keeps the time of the port you embark in. I was wondering if MSC Armonia keeps Miami (Eastern) time or changes to the ports you are visiting...

A recent person who sailed Armonia reported several time changes.  I know we've had time changes on Seaside the times we have sailed her.  My thinking is that MSC leans toward local time.  On a side note, we have had time changes a few times on Carnival, but not always, as you say.

• 6 months later...

I would like to refresh this questions.

Going on MSC Meraviglia next month. Would like to hear from someone from a recent visit, specifically to Roatan if their port time was local time. Which would be 1 hour earlier than time at the home port of Miami, so they would ask you to reset your time the night before. We will travel after daylight savings time begins, making it 2 hours time difference as Roatan does not observe Daylight savings. Our itnerary says 9 am. So is that indicative or local time (so in Miami it would be 11).  Thanks if anyone can tell me for sure. I am looking at a cruise position website that would seem to support that MSC observes local time, saying it arrives at 10 but the itinerary states 9  (depending on what time zone the the website is using) 😲

The Msc cruise we took last summer had all times in local time. We crossed several time zones and it was always adjusted to match where we were. We got a notice in our cabin the night before and the TV channel with information had always the local time of where we were as well.

8 hours ago, Micheb5 said:

I would like to refresh this questions.

Going on MSC Meraviglia next month. Would like to hear from someone from a recent visit, specifically to Roatan if their port time was local time. Which would be 1 hour earlier than time at the home port of Miami, so they would ask you to reset your time the night before. We will travel after daylight savings time begins, making it 2 hours time difference as Roatan does not observe Daylight savings. Our itnerary says 9 am. So is that indicative or local time (so in Miami it would be 11).  Thanks if anyone can tell me for sure. I am looking at a cruise position website that would seem to support that MSC observes local time, saying it arrives at 10 but the itinerary states 9  (depending on what time zone the the website is using) 😲

All of our, admittedly less than many, but we're working on it - MSC cruises have changed tine to match local time as needed. There was notice in daily planner, notice in TV in cabin, noted by dining staff, room steward if we saw them before bed, noted by CD staff at theater shows, etc. Kinda tough to miss.

You'll have two, as Costa Maya/Cozumel don't do daylight savings either, so they'll be an hour behind Miami once USA goes to DST, while Roatan and Belize are 2 hours behind.