My Time Dining

Tamtam02766

I was thinking of doing my time dining.  I'm traveling alone and figure I might meet more people.  I've done the late seating and sometimes did not like my table mates.  Would I have trouble getting seated.  Was planning on going earlier.

1 minute ago, Tamtam02766 said:

I was thinking of doing my time dining.  I'm traveling alone and figure I might meet more people.  I've done the late seating and sometimes did not like my table mates.  Would I have trouble getting seated.  Was planning on going earlier.

Nope, you would not have any trouble getting seated. As far as your table mates, it is up in the air, you could have memorable, or memorable table mates (if you know what I mean). Even better with MyTime Dining, is the ability to easily change where you want to sit, or change when you want to come, in case you don't want to see a specific table mate from a previous dining encounter. 

4 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Nope, you would not have any trouble getting seated. As far as your table mates, it is up in the air, you could have memorable, or memorable table mates (if you know what I mean). Even better with MyTime Dining, is the ability to easily change where you want to sit, or change when you want to come, in case you don't want to see a specific table mate from a previous dining encounter. 

I want to add to this that we usually do Your Time Dining and you can request a specific table or server section(if available).
When we get servers that we really like, we usually request their section every night.

It was actually a bad server experience that motivated us to request a switch from Late dining to YTD.
The main server was distracted and unengaging (looking around the whole time he was talking to you, frustrated at questions concerning certain dishes, etc.) and the helpers were absent when our glasses were empty. Rarely came by the table.
We didn't like eating late anyway and had considered switching, but after having the same experience the 2nd night (figured one might be a fluke) we went ahead and requested YTD.

First seating was night/day. Server was attentive and engaging. Answered all our questions and even made suggestions.
Glasses were always full.
Requested them the rest of the week (7 day cruise) and they even remembered our drink orders from the other meals and would bring them.
This is the only time we have talked to the Maitre'd. But he explained what had happened and requested that he make sure these guys got the gratuities, instead of our previously assigned table. (We don't like complaining, but felt he needed to know)
We also tipped them a little something in cash, to make sure they were taken care of.

I like his thought on tablemates as well, since you can make plans to meet up with them again if you like them, or just "disappear" if you don't.

Edited by Chervil

We only do YTD and really enjoy it. We never know when we'll be hungry for supper. Maybe we had a late lunch or snacked a little in the afternoon, so early dining might be too early sometimes. Also, we're not sure what we'll be doing night to night. We pretty much take each night as they come, so it's nice not to be stuck with a set dining time. We always just do tables for ourselves, no tablemates, but we're not against that. We met a very nice couple on our cruise last year when my wife & I were at a 2-top. Those tables are so close together, it's practically like being at the same one. And we all hung out a couple times after that. We've requested a particular server again, but we like to experience different ones. Play the field. 😁

We started our cruising life with late dining, and have met many people who have become lifetime friends.

then we tried YTD. Funny thing, first night we picked a time that was about between early and late dining that fit our style and allowed us to catch the late production show. Every night we showed up at the same time, got the same table, and the same staff. It was wonderful. We are sticking with YTD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wms99 said:

We started our cruising life with late dining, and have met many people who have become lifetime friends.

then we tried YTD. Funny thing, first night we picked a time that was about between early and late dining that fit our style and allowed us to catch the late production show. Every night we showed up at the same time, got the same table, and the same staff. It was wonderful. We are sticking with YTD.

Same experience here. We LOVE YTD, and can’t imagine going back to a set dining time.

If you are concerned about dining alone, don't be.  Hostess will ask you if you'd like to join others, they will just sit you with another couple or single or a larger table.  If you wish to dine alone, it will be no problem, they will seat you at a 2 top.  We always book YTD, love it for the flexibility.