Magic - Rooms Under Galley

ctsharpie05

We just got off of our first Carnival Cruise. We loved it! We had a cove. I am now attempting to book a cove and an interior next to it. The only options are rooms #2354 & 2348. Both are under the galley and the reviews for the rooms next to them are horrible. Has anyone stayed in these rooms or have tips for dealing with the galley noise? I feel like I am crazy for spending $3000 on a vacation where I may not get to sleep. I really want to stay on 2 but I need my room to be across from my kids and this is the only option.

I love the cove balconies and believe they are one of the best deals to be had on Dream class ships.

That said, there is nothing that would induce me to book one under the galley.

Obviously others feel differently since those cabins always sell out.

Whatever you choose, happy sailing.

Are there deck maps or any other info. online that shows galley locations and identifies what exactly is located in the grayed out (blank) areas on most normal deck plans? Those blank areas typically signify crew areas of some kind, but sometimes it'd be nice to know what's there when considering possible noise factor. Cruisedeckplans sometimes identifies "crew areas" and warns of possible noise, but it doesn't say what those areas are exactly and doesn't always signify all of them. Similar to the OP, we're looking at a possible cabin above what I believe is a galley (from past cruises on the same ship class), but I'm not positive. I'm thinking that being above a galley would be a little better than being below one.

We stayed under the galley once on a different ship (Paradise) - and will never, ever do it again. The noise woke us up every night about 3am and did not stop. It sounded like heavy metal crates being dragged across the floor. If it was between a cabin under the galley or nothing, I'd take nothing and find another cruise.