Harmony - amenities in Cabin Bathrooms

Hello all, I have been trying to find the answer to what amenities are available in the cabin bathrooms on Harmony of the Seas balcony rooms. I am specifically interested to know if there is a hair dryer and any shampoo/conditioner.  This is important stuff ya know! 😉

3 minutes ago, CrusinJenn said:

thanks so much for solving this mystery for me and so quickly too!

No problem.

Note that the hair dryer is the type that has a button that must be continuously pressed to keep the hair dryer on.  Some bring their own.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

No problem.

Note that the hair dryer is the type that has a button that must be continuously pressed to keep the hair dryer on.  Some bring their own.

That is really helpful.  I have long hair and holding a button down to dry it, will take me forever.  I guess I'll add hair dryer to packing list!

Just now, CrusinJenn said:

That is really helpful.  I have long hair and holding a button down to dry it, will take me forever.  I guess I'll add hair dryer to packing list!

or just a really strong rubber band.  Many people use that to hold the button for them.  Or a piece of duct tape.  

There are always solutions!  🙂 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CrusinJenn said:

Oh my gosh, this is such great advice.  You all just saved me a lot of grief.  I would have never thought of a rubber band/hair tie to hold the button down.  That’s great!

You mentioned having long hair - the rubber band trick does work; however, if you have long, thick hair would suggest taking your own dryer. The ones on board are very basic - not always that powerful.   I purchased a small but powerful travel dryer a long time ago (folding handle and very light). I always take it and I am always happy that I did. In fact, I switch to the travel dryer at home 10 days or so before the trip so that I am used to handling it.  

25 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

You mentioned having long hair - the rubber band trick does work; however, if you have long, thick hair would suggest taking your own dryer. The ones on board are very basic - not always that powerful.   I purchased a small but powerful travel dryer a long time ago (folding handle and very light). I always take it and I am always happy that I did. In fact, I switch to the travel dryer at home 10 days or so before the trip so that I am used to handling it.  

will the travel dryers work in the cabin?

I have long hair. Take your own dryer and products. The shampoo/conditioner doesn't work well for long hair. The dryer - will shut off after getting too hot and/or using for too long.

Edited by Ellceee

3 hours ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Just FYI.  Hair dryers cannot be used in bathroom. Plug in bathroom is for razors only.  Also, if you choose to use the hair dryer supplied, take a rubber band/ponytail holder - you can put around the handle several times to hold the button in. 

So dumb question, why can't hair dryers be used in the bathrooms?  If the plug is for a razor only, does that mean you have to blow dry your hair in the bedroom or are you saying that normal sized hair dryers with high wattage won't run in the bathroom because they pull too much power but a travel sized blow dryer will run because it's less power?  I don;t want to buy a travel blow dryer only to find out it won't run either. - thanks.

1 minute ago, CrusinJenn said:

So dumb question, why can't hair dryers be used in the bathrooms?  If the plug is for a razor only, does that mean you have to blow dry your hair in the bedroom or are you saying that normal sized hair dryers with high wattage won't run in the bathroom because they pull too much power but a travel sized blow dryer will run because it's less power?  I don;t want to buy a travel blow dryer only to find out it won't run either. - thanks.

The bathroom outlet is very low current, and the breaker would probably trip with any kind of hair dryer.

1 hour ago, CrusinJenn said:

Bathroom plug is for razors only.   Regular or travel sized dryer can be used at the vanity/desk  in the cabin. The RC dryer is in the drawer there.  My travel dryer is 1875 watts - same as my “home” dryer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Bathroom plug is for razors only.   Regular or travel sized dryer can be used at the vanity/desk  in the cabin. The RC dryer is in the drawer there.  My travel dryer is 1875 watts - same as my “home” dryer. 

Makes sense now.  Thanks! 🙂

20 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

or just a really strong rubber band.  Many people use that to hold the button for them.  Or a piece of duct tape.  

There are always solutions!  🙂 

I’ve tried this a few times and it’s never worked for me.  Plus the power level is not very strong.   I have really thick hair and always bring my own hair dryer.