Ruby Alaska - Seattle Disembarkation time

hellokitty1

Hi. I have a return flight out of at 11:30am Seattle time on the day we arrive back. I booked this based on the 7am return time I have consistently seen. Should I start worrying that I could miss my flight? How do I ensure a disembarkation on the early side?

Thanks.

I wouldn't worry at all I've traveled in and out of Seattle on the Ruby several times. disembarkation is super smooth and if you decide to take a taxi or Uber to the airport it's at most 25-30 minute ride.

3 hours ago, GoofyontheHiSeas said:

Here is the disembarkation schedule we had from the end of May. Disembarkation went very smooth were on time. 

Ruby disembarkation schedule May 2019

Thanks. This schedule looks like they take your flight arrangements into consideration. I feel better and will come check once we get in board. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 1:02 PM, hellokitty1 said:

Hi. I have a return flight out of at 11:30am Seattle time on the day we arrive back. I booked this based on the 7am return time I have consistently seen. Should I start worrying that I could miss my flight? How do I ensure a disembarkation on the early side?

Thanks.

On 7/26/2019 at 4:45 PM, hellokitty1 said:

Thanks. This schedule looks like they take your flight arrangements into consideration. I feel better and will come check once we get in board. 

They do take your flight arrangement into consideration. Today's Ruby disembarkation was a bit different than normal in that the Ruby didn't send people off as early as usual but even with that said, the first Port Valet Princess Transfer bus left by about 7:30 as I remember. Port Valet buses have only carry-on luggage and have the added advantage of dropping off passengers at the departure level of the terminal  rather than on the ground level which which usually saves people 5-10 minutes getting into the security lines and thus to the gates a bit quicker. With a 11:30am departure time, you should have no problem making your scheduled departure, especially if you are able to use the Port Valet program.

Tom

Problem with Seattle is that there is only one north-south "freeway" that can and does become congested particularly if there is an accident or they are working on the highway.  It can relate to long waits.  SEA-TAC is on the far south side of Seattle and the cruise port is on the north side in an industrial area.  There is only one street into the port which can become congested with pax arriving and leaving.  

Our youngest lives in Seattle so we pressure him to take us to the port and pick us up when we return.  We always stay in Seattle both before the cruise and afterward of course.  

Edited by satxdiver

We drove from Idaho to Lakewood, Washington, and stayed over night in a hotel there.  Son lives in Spanaway, so we took our vehicle to him to park and he drove us to the Seattle 91 pier port.  It was a Saturday morning with some sort of event (sports maybe) going on at Century Link Arena, so the traffic was pretty heavy.  It took us roughly an hour and a half to get from Spanaway to the port.

Disembarkation the following Saturday it took even longer for some reason, I would say closer to two hours.  Thankfully we did not have any flights to catch, but I am thinking that you should plan on it taking a lot longer than you expect especially if you are dealing with rush hour or weekend traffic.