1st time cruisers...Ventura in 1 week...Advice please

Bashyman

On 7/31/2019 at 4:01 PM, DamianG said:

Here are some of our plans:

La Palma: We walk to Bajamar beach which is in the bay opposite the ship's berth (about a 30 min stroll). You can see it from where the ship docks. It doesn't look very attractive because of the black volcanic sand and industrial buildings nearby, but it's clean and safe. Despite being near the port the water is crystal clear. There are toilets, showers and a snack bar. One thing to bear in mind is that the black (dry) sand can be scorching hot so flip flops are essential (even for walking down for a paddle). I still remember having to put my trainers on just to walk down to the water for a dip!

Funchal (Madeira): We once took a very expensive taxi ride to Acquaparque which was great but it is a long way from the centre. This year we plan to try find the Lido Swimming Complex which looks nearer.

A Coruña: We are taking our son to the science museum Casa de las Ciencias http://www.coruna.gal/mc2/es/casa-de-las-ciencias

It's not too far to walk to, is relatively inexpensive (adults €2 & kids under 4 free) & there is plenty to see & do. If your boys like football the Riazor Stadium (Deportivo de La Coruña) is not far from there, close to a beach and surrounded by bars and cafes. After the museum we'll be heading to Praza de España for some tapas at our favourite restaurant Pulperia de Melide .

Good luck with your plans and have a great cruise.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do that. I reckon we'll give it a go 🙂

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:59 AM, Bashyman said:

Sorry, forgot to ask. We have 3 formal Black tie nights. Am I able to wear a darkish grey suit and a blue suit? I do have a black suit, but bought the grey and blue suits for the cruise as a change from my normal black.

Yes

• Like 1