I don't know what to title this but hard lesson learned by 1st time cruiser

cynt

On 8/8/2019 at 3:38 AM, ed01106 said:

IMHO, the cruiser is NOT at fault.  The travel agent bears 100% responsible for this.

The travel agent is being paid to be an expert on these things, not some forum on the internet.

Blaming the traveler in this case, is the equivalent of blaming a patient for following faulty advice from their doctor rather than listening to what some random folks said on the internet.

I agree with you to a point, but this person didn't have to take advice from "some random folks" on the internet - they could have gone right to CCL's website to verify what documentation they needed to cruise.  It's listed on there very clearly.  People also need to take responsibility for themselves.  

On 7/28/2019 at 8:48 PM, Stallion said:

Another thing I worry about is passengers should be warned that if they have outstanding arrest warrants they need to clear that up before leaving

Don’t forget If you travel through Canada. Many don’t realize if they have a DUI or other infraction and fly through there they can get detained.  Knew of someone cruising in Europe and had a connection in Canada and missed their trip because of it.  

On 8/31/2019 at 2:05 PM, cruisinagain1960 said:

I agree with you to a point, but this person didn't have to take advice from "some random folks" on the internet - they could have gone right to CCL's website to verify what documentation they needed to cruise.  It's listed on there very clearly.  People also need to take responsibility for themselves.  

Travel agent should have either gone to the CCL’s website or said they don’t know.  A customer who uses a travel agent should be able to trust that agent for accurate information.  If you need to fact check your travel agent than you need a new travel agent.  

• Like 1