Just Off Summit - A Few Things

lorimay

1 hour ago, jdm said:

Just returned from the Summit cruise and in our group of twelve we all thought the food in the MDR late seating was excellent.  We are seasoned cruisers (+45 cruises) and have also been on a few upscale ships.  We thought the food competed with those ships.  The only area where we thought the food lacked was the breakfast room service.  After two days, we simply went to the main dining room.  Some in our group went to Qsine and they really thought the food was better in the MDR and they are very much foodie people.  We did go to the Concierge lunch on the day of embarkation and I personally found the salmon to be very good.  Since there have been so many negative reviews, I was expecting simply ok food, but was more than pleasantly surprised. The Summit exceeded our expectations.

I have to agree about exceeding expectations.

We were also second seating. Had a wonderful experience. We enjoyed it equally or even more than the Blu....yes, the service was that phenomenal!
I also think the "revolution" is the best thing that happened.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Glad to hear about your positive experience with the food on the Summit. We’ll be aboard next month for a Canada/NE cruise that I’ve been calling our “lobster roll cruise” because of our lunch plans in some of the ports. (I never thought they’d be serving them on the ship!) 😄  

I was surprised to see them too! made on demand and toasted pannini style if you wanted. The lady in front of me claimed they had lobster salad on embarkation for lunch and it was quite good according to her. I missed that! This was at the very end of the OV cafe.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Thanks 1