B Ocean Resort (formerly Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hotel) precruise

Bubbs33

We have booked our 1st Caribbean cruise. Our flight is 2 nights before departure from Ft. Lauderdale. I'm looking at the Princess precruise option of B Ocean Resort (formerly Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hotel). I'm wondering if any one had any experience. Is the transfer process effective and timely?  How's the beach, rooms and facilities? TIA

We stayed there once through Princess.  It was nice.  We have stayed the last three times at the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn.  It is right behind the B Ocean Resort.  We love the Best Western.  Beautiful rooms, close to the beach, great breakfast,  comfortable beds, and right at the head of the boardwalk.  You do have to take a taxi or Uber from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise port.  Taxi runs about $20.00  Hotel will order a shuttle for you for about $8.oo per person.  Price is a lot lower.

• Thanks 1

We stayed at the B Ocean Resort with the Princess precruise option. Transfers, beach, rooms and facilities were great. The only negative is that the B Ocean is not close to any shopping or dining. We walked, but I suppose you could taxi or uber.

• Thanks 1

B Ocean is great and a short walk to the shops and dining and in a very quiet location right on the beach.  Includes beach chairs and umbrella and staff is excellent.  The rooms booked through Princess are not fancy or in the main buildings, but comfortable.

Edited by Ereggae

This is a very old hotel.   I believe it was at one time called the Yankee Clipper.    The plus side to this hotel is access to the beach.   it's great.    Depending on the room they give you it could be good or so so.   We stayed in one of the rooms in the original building which houses the lobby.   The room size was ok, looked like at one time it had been remodeled but the bathrooms are small and have absolutely no counter space.   None.  Furniture at the time looked like it came from Ikea.     They do have two newer buildings attached that aren't really new but not as dated as the main building,    We didn't have any problems with the walk down town but it is a walk.    I would never consider it a 4 star which is what they  rated it at one time.      Have not been there in a few years so there could have been a renovation.   For the right price we would stay there again.