Your Time Dining Waitlisted

18 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

but what happens in the extremely unlikely situation that everyone with YTD shows up to eat within 15-30 minutes of each other.

How unlikely, extremely is correct and if they do you have a full restaurant with a wait. Many good restaurants are very busy, waiting for a great meal is not unusual. I have never seen the Steakhouse full.

Are you implying that the Steakhouse isn't good food because it's never full? Well, you've never seen it full. Or (if that's even true) maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's a $38/person additional expense on a ship with A LOT of other good, free food options. As popular as it is, as many people who are happy to pay for it, I seriously doubt it's not good. Full disclosure, we don't eat there because there's too many other free options that we love.

4 hours ago, coevan said:

Many good restaurants are very busy, waiting for a great meal is not unusual.

Followed by...

4 hours ago, coevan said:

I have never seen the Steakhouse full.

2+2

Not to mention, we aren't even discussing the steakhouse. Last time I checked, Carnival doesn't waitlist YTD for the steakhouse.

Edited by Organized Chaos

I don’t even see an option yet to choose YTD, or early or late seating for our June 2020 cruise (we too like YTD- eat at varying hours, sometimes very late). I assume it’s just not available for selection yet? Or am I just not looking in the right spot? 

34 minutes ago, lensonlife said:

I don’t even see an option yet to choose YTD, or early or late seating for our June 2020 cruise (we too like YTD- eat at varying hours, sometimes very late). I assume it’s just not available for selection yet? Or am I just not looking in the right spot? 

You should have the option to choose right way. Have you looked in the "Booking & Order Details" section of your Cruise Manager? Then click Edit Dining.

11 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

You should have the option to choose right way. Have you looked in the "Booking & Order Details" section of your Cruise Manager? Then click Edit Dining.

Thank you- I just found it (wasn’t looking deep enough), and actually had selected YTD. Didn’t remember doing that! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

I did not realize that was even possible to be wait listed for YTD dining. I guess it makes sense since more convenient to eat when you want to and not have to settle for a specific time each night. 

So like I said earlier, every time I select it I get waitlisted but I always get off the waitlist

I think its like FTTF where they release more spots as bookings go on and they see how many people have chosen traditional dining. Obviously they can't let everybody use YTD  when they only dedicate one dining room or part of one dining room to YTD, otherwise wait times would be through the roof

Our last cruise we were waitlisted for YTD.  We didn't get off the waitlist before boarding, so we went to Maitre D as soon as we were on ship.  He said he would let us know, but to have dinner at our confirmed time (late seating) until we heard back from him.  We heard back the following day that we were confirmed for YTD, so we only had the first night without it.

We are also waitlisted for YTD for our upcoming cruise on Sunshine.  Hoping to get confirmation prior to boarding this time.

Hubs and I are Booked on the Carnival Horizon for this coming December.   We booked kinda late because there is no other options except for YTD waitlisted.

Now does that mean we wont be allowed to eat dinner in the Main Dining Room, or are they Gonna pop us in to Late or Early?  Which are not even choices any more on the booking manager.

29 minutes ago, Daliaha said:

Hubs and I are Booked on the Carnival Horizon for this coming December.   We booked kinda late because there is no other options except for YTD waitlisted.

Now does that mean we wont be allowed to eat dinner in the Main Dining Room, or are they Gonna pop us in to Late or Early?  Which are not even choices any more on the booking manager.

Since you're waitlisted for YTD, that'll be the one they try to get you in first, but if they can't, then they'll assign Early or Late to you. At the latest, they'll let you know which one during check-in on embarkation day. Some have been notified prior.

As others have suggested, we can email the Maitre' D not long before the cruise and request one. There's no guarantee, but may be worth a try. No matter their answer, they don't always respond back.

Another option is to meet with the Maitre' D on embarkation day and make a request. They'll be available during a certain time (Guest Services will know). If they grant your request on embarkation day, they may not be able to change it until the second day.

Then there are those who have experienced the waitlisted assignment being confirmed before the cruise in our Cruise Manager. So it's a big waiting game.

Edited by Organized Chaos

2 hours ago, seniormom said:

Our last cruise we were waitlisted for YTD.  We didn't get off the waitlist before boarding, so we went to Maitre D as soon as we were on ship.  He said he would let us know, but to have dinner at our confirmed time (late seating) until we heard back from him.  We heard back the following day that we were confirmed for YTD, so we only had the first night without it.

We are also waitlisted for YTD for our upcoming cruise on Sunshine.  Hoping to get confirmation prior to boarding this time.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the additional steps we'll have to take to try to change it if we end up having to wait until embarkation day. Really hoping to get confirmed for YTD beforehand. I've been watching for a FTTF to become available. Other than the other perks that we like, I've heard that if you have it, you get bumped up the waitlist behind P/D. Whatever happens, we'll make the best of it.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd update the thread in case someone else finds it helpful. Good news, at some point last night, we got switched over to Your Time Dining. Final payment date is in a couple weeks, so maybe there were some cancellations that got us bumped up the waitlist.

Side note, my wife checked FTTF early this morning and we were able to catch one. So that's another indication there was a cancellation. There was still at least one left a couple hours after we got one, but they were sold out again soon after.