Some new things

cbb

4 hours ago, JPR said:

If you like sashimi or sushi, you’ll like poke. It’s not totally raw; the marinade “cooks” the fish slightly. Similar to poisson cru and lomi lomi salmon. Definitely a fad but quite tasty.

I'm with you.  Actually we bought a hunk of ahi yesterday and will do something raw with it tonight.  Probably just eat it 🙂 Perhaps with some chow mein noodles on the side.  And a dipping sauce.  

4 minutes ago, JPR said:

Or sear the tuna on all sides so it stays raw in the middle, and serve with a ponzu or wasabi soy dipping sauce...

I'm considering that also.  Some friends are in Bangkok and had some tuna the other night that was marinated but not seared.  That sounded good but not as good.

Getting back on topic of veg dishes, I look forward to some veg dishes the have flavor on their own and don't try to replicate standard food .  Tried the Impossible meat at a Burger joint with my grand daughter and the meat patty was not to my liking.  It is so processed that it leaves strange after taste , if one doesn't gulp down the sauces and condiments with it.  I'm a flexitarian, so I eat regular and veg food, and some of the frozen stuff is pretty good.

2 hours ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

some of the frozen stuff is pretty good.

So the cruise lines are serving previously frozen food?  I don't have a problem with that because I do with some things.

4 hours ago, JPR said:

Yet another option is to grind or chop the marinated fish finely for ahi tuna tartare! Excellent on crispy rice or thin crackers...

Just one more OT comment (I promise).  Decided to keep tonight's dinner simple - and something I hope I can do on O.  Gotta have the wasabi though!

20190816_193834 - Edited.jpg

On 8/15/2019 at 5:48 PM, HilsTas said:

A (recentish) experience from us (sorry for butting in CBB) 

We were on the Insignia and could not manage to get a an open bottle (previous day's) from the storage area.  Eventually our lovely waiter took pity on us and went to get it himself as otherwise we would have none (horrors).

We just mentioned this on the mid cruise comments and Lubo (?) head sommelier got in touch, apologised, offered us a complimentary bottle of wine, and said that if we ever had a similar issue to ask for him personally

All very appreciated, and we didn't ever have the same problem happen again

WE have found for the most part that Oceania managers will go out of their way to correct whatever problems we have.  They do try very hard.   Have to give very high marks for that.

• Like 2