Orange Parties?

racnwdow

A friend read (she doesn't remember where) there was an orange party during each cruise on HAL.  Everyone was encouraged to wear orange.  Does anyone know anything about this?  We will be on the Rotterdam (if it makes a difference). TIA.

It honors Dutch heritage and culture (House of Orange).  There was one on my Nieuw Amsterdam cruise in May, but I didn't know what it was about.  I also didn't bring anything orange with me to wear.  

Roz

We have been advised there will be an orange party on each segment of our longer cruise.  We had one on the inaugural cruise of the Nieuw Statendam, and it was fun.  I don't know if they will go to the same extent on regular cruises, but they handed out orange wigs, hats and beads, and there were special Dutch treats and drinks in the Billboard on Board.  We knew about it ahead of time, and I had bought a $10 orange "pashmina" in the mall to bring.  I will be taking it on our next cruise as well.

47 minutes ago, Loreto said:

There was an orange party onboard our 7 day Alaska cruise last week on the Oosterdam July21-28.  It was in the daily program.

Karen

Same here for the Westerdam southbound during that same week.  I think it was on Wednesday at 8:45 p.m. in BB Kings.