Embarkation day eating - Carnival Vista

So, what's available for lunch on Vista on Embarkation Day? I am not fond of the Lido under normal circumstances; the ED congestion makes that a non-starter if I  can avoid it! Since we booked late, we do not have FTTF, so won't be boarding until noon. Any suggestions? 

Edited by panoramaofthepast
grammar error

2 minutes ago, panoramaofthepast said:

So, what's available for lunch on Vista on Embarkation Day? I am not fond of the Lido under normal circumstances; the ED congestion makes that a non-starter if I  can avoid it! Since we booked late, we do not have FTTF, so won't be boarding until noon. Any suggestions? 

Besides the Lido Marketplace, there is Guy's Burger Joint (Deck 10), Blue Iguana Cantina (Deck 10), Guy's Pig and Anchor Smokehouse (Deck 5), Pizzeria del Capitano (Deck 10), Seafood Shack (Deck 10), Deli (Deck 10) JiJi's Asian Kitchen (Deck 11) as well as Cucina del Capitano (Deck 11) available for lunch. Other can add on.

• Like 2

That about covers it. But it's a lot of options. There have been several recent threads on this very subject (not specifically Vista, but would be similar since Vista has most of the venues). Search this forum to see if there is more info that may have been missed. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, CruisingViper said:

I believe I heard that Cucina del Capitano has an all you can eat pasta bar the first day that is free

Yes, it is always free at lunch when open, and it is a pasta bar as you said, not dinner menu. It was mentioned in first response.

Edited by amyotravel
  • Like 1

I would do JiJis. They have mongolian wok in a sit down restaurant with a nice salad and good wontons. They have the pasta bar up there as well but I prefer the jiji's mongolian wok since you can't get it on most ships.

5 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Besides the Lido Marketplace, there is Guy's Burger Joint (Deck 10), Blue Iguana Cantina (Deck 10), Guy's Pig and Anchor Smokehouse (Deck 5), Pizzeria del Capitano (Deck 10), Seafood Shack (Deck 10), Deli (Deck 10) JiJi's Asian Kitchen (Deck 11) as well as Cucina del Capitano (Deck 11) available for lunch. Other can add on.

The Vista doesn’t have the Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse. It has the Guy’s Pig & Anchor BBQ. The Smokehouse is a sit-down restaurant. The BBQ place is simply a food venue where you walk up to the counter, get served your food, and go. 

15 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

The Vista doesn’t have the Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse. It has the Guy’s Pig & Anchor BBQ. The Smokehouse is a sit-down restaurant. The BBQ place is simply a food venue where you walk up to the counter, get served your food, and go. 

That is not entirely correct. It is actually called Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-b-que Smokehouse, according to her deck plans.

7 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

That is not entirely correct. It is actually called Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-b-que Smokehouse, according to her deck plans.

One is called Guy’s Pig & Anchor BBQ per the website and the other is called Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse, also per the website. Since they are different, it’s worth noting which one this ship actually has. The Vista does not have the Smokehouse version. 

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/guys-pig-anchor-bbq

https://www.carnival.com/fun-activities/guys-pig-anchor-bar-b-que-smokehouse-brewhouse

Edited by bakersdozen12

1 minute ago, bakersdozen12 said:

One is called Guy’s Pig & Anchor BBQ per the website and the other is called Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse, also per the website. Since they are different, it’s worth noting which one this ship actually has. The Vista does not have the Smokehouse version. 

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/guys-pig-anchor-bbq

https://www.carnival.com/fun-activities/guys-pig-anchor-bar-b-que-smokehouse-brewhouse

I presume you did not look at the deck plans I attached, so I will screenshot specifically what and where I am referring to.

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 9.54.39 PM.png

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

I presume you did not look at the deck plans I attached, so I will screenshot specifically what and where I am referring to.

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 9.54.39 PM.png

On the Vista it is included and is lunch only.  On the Horizon, they have the included lunch version AND the pay for Guys Smokehouse/Brewhouse.  The pay for version with table service is only available on the Horizon.  The Horizon also has no Red Frog Pub because of the Guys Smokehouse/Brewhouse.