Vow Renewal

aretwo

This is what I was mentioning. Took it off of carnivals web site.

Do you ever catch yourself thinking you’d totally marry your special someone again? A Renewal of Vows ceremony aboard a Carnival cruise is a great way to tie the knot a little tighter.

Get ready to say “I still do!” as you celebrate the time you’ve spent together… and the years still to come. Make new memories as you affirm that your feelings remain every bit as strong as the day you first said those simple, powerful words.

It wouldn’t be a ceremony without friends and family on hand, so feel free to invite them along — it’s a party, after all! This time, let Carnival take care of the little details that made the first time great: wine, music, wedding cake and more are included, with options for open bar and even more guests.

The ship’s captain will actually officiate your ceremony, signing your certificate to seal the deal.

Don't waste your money doing the vow renewal on Carnival. Very expensive. We did it on Holland America for $150 (now $165). Had live music, champagne, appetizers, the Captain performed the ceremony and stayed awhile to chat with us, lovely photos and album with the photos and document. It was held in a small room and the whole event was very tasteful. Awhile ago I looked at Carnival's it was about $800! Can't find it now on Carnival website it just gives a phone number if you do a search.

20 hours ago, Djptcp said:

Don't waste your money doing the vow renewal on Carnival. Very expensive. We did it on Holland America for $150 (now $165). Had live music, champagne, appetizers, the Captain performed the ceremony and stayed awhile to chat with us, lovely photos and album with the photos and document. It was held in a small room and the whole event was very tasteful. Awhile ago I looked at Carnival's it was about $800! Can't find it now on Carnival website it just gives a phone number if you do a search.

$150.00 would have been just fine. You are so correct. Way to expensive. Only the party purchase. 

We renewed out vows back in 2018 on an Alaska cruise. They did a apple cider toast (we don't drink) and we had cake.  Loved it! That was before the price went up. The Captain did our ceremony and then we went around with a photographer and took some amazing pics. At dinner they served us the rest of the cider and every night for dessert we got a slice of the cake. I would not do it now for the $800+ that it cost. My suggestion would be if you're cruising with someone scope out a nice place on deck and have them do the ceremony with you. You can always schedule a photo session with the photographer on the ship for formal pics. It was truly an amazing experience.

IMG_2140.jpg

22 hours ago, Djptcp said:

If it is indeed expensive, you might add it to your trip at the beginning or end from the port city (I think that's Port Canaveral right now, right?). If you do not live near a beach, enjoy the beach/water for a change and make it a fun experience on the beach somehow. Would probably be a way to do it cheaper.

What's to keep y'all from getting married on the ship at a US port or the waters of a US State.  It's all the rave to have a friend or family member marry you now... just get an State Ordained license to marry off the internet.  Have your own party... purchase a cake and party tray from the cruise line to celebrate with.  Walk around in your wedding dress and Tux, and enjoy. 

9" cake is $14...  Party trays $18.

18 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

What's to keep y'all from getting married on the ship at a US port or the waters of a US State.  It's all the rave to have a friend or family member marry you now... just get an State Ordained license to marry off the internet.  Have your own party... purchase a cake and party tray from the cruise line to celebrate with.  Walk around in your wedding dress and Tux, and enjoy. 

9" cake is $14...  Party trays $18.

They are already married. They don’t need an officiant that is ordained, marriage license or anything like that. It’s strictly a ceremony, nothing legal about it.

I like the idea of finding somewhere private on the ship. Write your own renewal vows and celebrate with a bottle of champagne and order some appetizers beforehand to share with others or just by yourselves. You can have your photo taken at one of the venues they have set up on gala nights. You can make it special on your own.

We did vow renewal on the Vista last year and it was great.   We had longtime friends on board with us and made it very special.   Yes – it was expensive, but we were very pleased with the coordination and event.   

You’ll work with the online Carnival Wedding Coordinator on pre-cruise information such as guest list, cake and any special arrangements.   

Once on board, the Event Coordinator will contact you to confirm the information, provide the details and give you an idea of the where/when it will be scheduled based on the captain’s availability.    Ours was on the second sea day in the library which was perfect.   Essentially, all you must do is show up. 

The Vista coordinator was exceptional before and after the ceremony.    The delicious cake was enormous, and she arranged for it to be available for our table at dinner.   The captain performed the renewal and didn’t just dash in and out.   He greeted us by name whenever we saw him on the cruise. 

Only downside I can think of was the sales pitch for photographs a couple days later.   They put together a very nice variety of photo albums and packages, however the prices were astronomical!   The photographer wasn’t pushy, and we just selected a couple for pics friends and family.    Same price as the usual pics.  One large photo was included with the renewal price. 

Was it worth it?  Yes, it was in our case.  You could certainly do it yourself for way cheaper if so inclined.   Just like a wedding.

• Like 1