carnival vista tired looking?

ginger123snaps

14 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Will be on the Vista next month, this talk about wear and tear and cleanliness got me thinking....I dont think I have ever really looked or paid much attention😮

I tend to notice these things as I'm a germ freak....plus when you have sailed multiple lines you start to notice the differences between all of them.  We also sail twice a year so we remember things.  They all have their good and bad.  I have fun on all cruise lines.  The first time I sailed Carnival Breeze it was spotless and was in great condition....the second time I sailed it was right before refurbishment and it was pretty dirty.  

All I can do to reassure me and hubs is to bring Lysol wipes and wipe down everything in our room.  Doesn’t take much time to do.  I may not get everything but I know what areas and fixtures need a little disinfectant.  

• 4 months later...
On 8/5/2019 at 1:20 PM, sanmarcosman said:

Terminology matters. The infamous hotel queen of New York Leona Helmsley once asked a staff member who said an area was under repair during an inspection tour of one of her properties: " That's dirt, how do you repair dirt!?! " 

Worn and dirty is apples and oranges.

i would think comparing Celebrity and Carnival might be apples and oranges 

2 hours ago, Mytime2014 said:

i would think comparing Celebrity and Carnival might be apples and oranges 

Nope, Celebrity aint all it's cracked up to be. Their Epic with the ugly orange elevator on the side and a pig snout bow is the ugliest mass market cruise ship I've laid eyes on.

Celebrity-Edge-Dusk_300dpi_flat.jpg?imwi

It seems to me like there are more frequent threads about maintenance and cleanliness on Carnival ships recently. I noticed it myself when I sailed on my last Carnival cruise. The ship looked sadly neglected, inside and out, even though it had just come out of drydock a few weeks prior.

I can only guess that cutbacks in staffing are taking a toll on the fleet’s condition. There’s only so much that crew members can do and they may be spread too thin. 

22 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Nope, Celebrity aint all it's cracked up to be. Their Epic with the ugly orange elevator on the side and a pig snout bow is the ugliest mass market cruise ship I've laid eyes on.

Celebrity-Edge-Dusk_300dpi_flat.jpg?imwi

The Edge docked in Cozumel next to our ship when we sailed on the Carnival Fantasy. She’s not pretty in a traditional cruise ship kinda way, but I was impressed at her futuristic and revolutionary design. She drew several “ooooh’s and aaaah’s” and a “wow, I wonder how much it costs to sail on that ship!” comments from fellow passengers watching from our ship as we docked. 

The contrast between the shiny and spotless Edge, and our ship with rust stains bleeding from cabin windows and vents, as well as large rust streaks along the hull, was pretty significant. Some may think that it isn’t fair to compare the appearance of a new ship and a 30 year old one, but once again, there should be NO excuse for a ship to come out of drydock a few weeks prior and look as neglected as the Fantasy did, where they couldn’t even apply a coat of paint over rust.

21 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Fantasy vs any newer ship is for sure apples and oranges which is how this convo started back in August 🙂

Yes, it’s not fair to compare Fantasy to any new ship. But I think that it’s fair to compare her with other ships her age. For example, Carnival Fantasy and Empress of the Seas were both built in 1990. I sailed on both within months of each other last year and the difference was striking. Empress was impeccable, clean and updated, with very few signs of rust on its hull. I remember thinking that it actually looked better than it did when I sailed on her back in 2004. In contrast, Fantasy’s appearance was cringe inducing even from the moment we pulled up to the cruise terminal in Mobile. And once we got onboard, the maintenance issues and signs of neglect kept piling up. There was an obvious difference in the time and money that Carnival and Royal devote to keep their ships in shape.