Majestic B736 or M727 premium aft balcony?

coconutmonkey

We are sailing on the Majestic Princess for the first time.  Which premium aft balcony cabin would you choose - Baja 736 or Marina 727?  M727 is 40 square feet bigger.  Do either of these cabins have a partially covered/shaded balcony?  Is one a better deck to be on than the other?  I would appreciate any insights.

Many thanks.

Good Evening,

I have not sailed on the Majestic.  My wife and I did sail on the Regal which I believe to be near twin of Majestic. We were in M727. The balcony is much larger and is completely uncovered. There is little privacy as the Lido deck rail where folks gather is just over your head.  Although not really different from sitting by the pool, you are much more the object of attention from those at the Lido rail. We also noticed the smell of tobacco smoke wafting down from the Wake View bar. For these reasons we would choose Baja deck over Marina.  

On 8/5/2019 at 9:20 AM, coconutmonkey said:

We are sailing on the Majestic Princess for the first time.  Which premium aft balcony cabin would you choose - Baja 736 or Marina 727?  M727 is 40 square feet bigger.  Do either of these cabins have a partially covered/shaded balcony?  Is one a better deck to be on than the other?  I would appreciate any insights.

Many thanks.

On Marina deck above your balcony you will have the aft outside WFM buffet seating area and the Wake View Bar.

People tend to stand at that railing right above your balcony.

Possible chair dragging noise/conversation etc and they can see in part of your balcony.

I would take Baja.

IMO.....I don't trust those SQ footage amounts they list in the cabin details.

We were in Baja 739 for the first sailing of the Majestic out of Sydney. The balcony was partially covered and was big enough that we had a Ultimate Balcony Dinner for 6. I love Aft cabins and wouldn't hesitate to book this one again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sfkaren said:

We were in Baja 739 for the first sailing of the Majestic out of Sydney. The balcony was partially covered and was big enough that we had a Ultimate Balcony Dinner for 6. I love Aft cabins and wouldn't hesitate to book this one again.

Excellent news. I'm booked in that cabin next month. Out of interest, were you able to have the divider to the neighbouring "dead space" opened to create even more space?

4 hours ago, mum and son said:

Excellent news. I'm booked in that cabin next month. Out of interest, were you able to have the divider to the neighbouring "dead space" opened to create even more space?

We had read about opening up the divider to the "dead space" but as we had plenty as it was we didn't bother asking.

• Like 1

They look to be about the same size. I am not sure where you received that information. The Caribe afts are smaller than those on Baja and Marina. However, the very front Marina balconies are huge.