Taxi from Cruise Port Cost?

WDW Princess 71

Hello, I'm looking for clarification on taxi rates from the cruise terminal to Hadicurari pier (MooMba Beach).  I read in a few places that the far is $11 if taxi is OUTSIDE the cruise terminal and if inside the terminal, its a few $ more.  Can someone confirm if correct and clarify what is meant by "outside"?  Is it just outside the terminal gates or do we have to walk further into town to get the 'non-cruise terminal' lower rate?  Does $11 sound about right?  I booked a snorkeling tour leaving from Moomba and asked if I got a group together from my roll call if they could arrange transportation for us, and they replied that they could for $10/pp round trip which is obviously higher than $11 for a taxi when it holds up to 5 people for the same rate, so I just wanted to double check here before I decline their group "offer."

The taxi rates have increased.  It is now $13.00 from downtown where the ships dock to Palm Beach,  where Moomba is located.  They charge an additional $3.00 for pickup inside of the port. That fee may have gone up, but I haven't seen any information on that change. There were overall taxi increases, recently. 

It is very difficult to find a taxi outside of the port. The ones you see on the street are usually full of passengers.  I've gotten lucky a few times, waving someone down, and other times, I have waited a while. If there are several ships in port, you might have to wait a little while for one inside the port. When you get ready to return, make sure that everyone in your group is completely dry. The taxi driver will not allow anyone in the car if he thinks that any of you are wet, and they will check.

Personally, I'd just pay the $10.00 and let the tour company pick you up. That way, you'd definitely get there on time and not have to bother with getting a taxi.

Would it be difficult to get a taxi to or from  the ship and the West Deck...we,d like to have lunch there.. Early walk to that area sounds ok but a walk back in sun not so much!

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Would it be difficult to get a taxi to or from  the ship and the West Deck...we,d like to have lunch there.. Early walk to that area sounds ok but a walk back in sun not so much!

As long as you're not in a time crunch,  you'll be fine. You might have to wait a few minutes for a taxi inside the port. When you finish at West Deck, just ask the servers to call a taxi for you. You might enjoy the walk back. There are lots of shops along the way that you can browse or just duck into to cool off. We love walking along the waterfront. West Deck is one of our favorite restaurants.  We usually go there twice when we stay in Aruba. 

• 3 years later...

I want to go to Akikok from the port. The scheduled tours leave before the ship arrives!! So anybody have experience getting the return trip from the park. Going, I know that there usually are cabs lined up in the port,  but returning, are they reliable in picking you up at the park?