Armonia July 29 Sailing Review

mlbdude

There was an Italian night, but it was just decorations in the dining room and the waiters in different vests.  There was also a White Party night, but it was a party after the show.  I think there may have been a pirate night.  But these were just parties after the shows.  I can go through my daily programs and see when they were.  

Just got off her on Wed, the extended Dorian cruise.  Costa Maya twice, Cozumel twice.  We could not adjust the cabin temp, but it was a comfortable 75.  However, it was really humid.  You know it's humid when you wash out underwear and it takes two days to dry, and the papers that they deliver become limp.  Cabins are small, 140sf but well laid out, especially if you separate the beds.  Inside, OV and balcony cabins are all the same size and layout except beds in balconies are on the side wall.  Essentially, the balcony cabins were once OV cabins and had balconies tacked onto the sides like they did on the Carnival Fantasy class ships.  Quite good storage.  As far as the a/c, there was a noticeable difference as you walked down the hallways.  Don't know if it was because the ship was lengthened and the systems just didn't connect adequately...or something.  I'm sure an engineer could word it better.  

10 hours ago, SandyFromMiami said:

Thank you for the great information!

Were there any theme nights? how many formal nights?

There were two Elegant nights.  The first was day two, the sea day.  The second would be the second sea day, before Key West.  I believe you are doing the same itinerary we were to do... But if you are on one of the other itineraries, I can't be sure.  Welcome aboard party, glow party, 70's party, white party, Farewell Pirates Night party... EM

On 8/29/2019 at 8:23 AM, Mattnvick said:

Nice review . Thank you. The above i highlighted as we came across it for the first time on Seaside.

While im all for people enjoying themselves i think MSC needs to stamp on this bringing their own speakers and music.

The group on Seaside had it so loud i actually thought it was coming from the ships speakers.  

Personlly i think it may lead to issues. What one person enjoys others may not and i dont think you should have to move away to a different area which some people may say is the answer. Everyone has a right to enjoy their cruise.

I have run into this a couple times on Norwegian Breakaway when it was sailing out of NY. Some people would take over the bars on the waterfront and blast music like they owned the bars. It drove me nuts.