Half Moon Cay

goofy gopher

I don't know if you can do it in advance.  A call to Carnival may or may not answer that question.  If it's no, my suggestion would be to hit the shore excursion desk as soon as it opens when you board.  It's very likely they have a waitlist available on the ship.  We have one booked, and unlike Holland Am. they are not assigned when you book them online.  We have to go to the shore excursion desk when we board to select our cabana.  I'd also suggest keeping an eye out on the website.  If someone cancels their cabana it may pop back up as an excursion.  I doubt it would be there for long, though.  I hope you can get one.  This will be our first and really looking forward to it.

Keep monitoring the excursions... folks cancel and/or move up to a villa.

Also post your desire for one in your roll call. One cruise a poster decided to upgrade to a villa, she let me know and I just sent her the cabana money directly instead of her releasing it.

Another time a lady and her daughter invited me and my daughter to go in halfsies on the cabana they'd already booked.

One time when all the cabanas were gone, I booked a villa and came to this site and stated I was looking for 6 more people to share  it with. Cost was 1/8 of the cost of the cabana per person. I said money would be paid when we got on the ship rather than play around with it before. Sold the 6 seats within 3 hours and had no problems. Every one arrived on the ship, we met at a specific location, paid money and ended up having a fantastic time with everyone. Not much different than asking for a 10 top table in the MDR with people you have never met.  Yes, you take a little risk, but most people on cruises are there to have a good time, not mess with you. Would do it in a minute, again.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Retired_to_Cruise said:

One time when all the cabanas were gone, I booked a villa and came to this site and stated I was looking for 6 more people to share  it with. Cost was 1/8 of the cost of the cabana per person. I said money would be paid when we got on the ship rather than play around with it before. Sold the 6 seats within 3 hours and had no problems. Every one arrived on the ship, we met at a specific location, paid money and ended up having a fantastic time with everyone. Not much different than asking for a 10 top table in the MDR with people you have never met.  Yes, you take a little risk, but most people on cruises are there to have a good time, not mess with you. Would do it in a minute, again.

Good idea, currency exchange sites like Venmo reduced the risk to zero.