Aft Penthouse Suite - Are they worth it?

trician24

We are considering switching suites to an Aft Penthouse for our Breakaway cruise.  Is it a hassle to be so far away from the Haven proper?  I am wondering if we will enjoy the Haven as  much as we have in the past being so far away.  Also, do the balconies get sun or are they mostly shaded?  Unfortunately our selections are only limited to deck 9 or 14.  Any pros and cons would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

We had an AFT Penthouse on the Pearl a few years back and loved it so much!!! Want to cruise that cabin again and again!!!

Last year we were in an AFT standard balcony right next to the Penthouse on the Breakaway. Lots of deep bass and noise until 12 or 1 am from the nightclub above. I doubt a lower deck would be any better. I would avoid the AFT cabins unless you are out late every night anyway.

We will be trying out a front facing Penthouse next time.

Dave & Ashley

I think the H6's are the best suites on the Breakaway class ships. The walk to the Haven wasn't as bad as some have said, but we also didn't spend a ton of time there. We've never stayed in the Haven proper either. I would say try it, you'll never know until you try it for yourself, especially if you can get a good price on it. Also I like all the space and the aft views of the ship's wake. Check out some pics from my review of the Getaway.

• Like 1

We loved our Getaway aft Haven suite. We were on deck 10. The first couple mornings there was a little soot on the patio furniture but nothing major. You can position your chairs and loungers to be either in the sun or shade as there is a bit of an overhang from the above balcony. The walk to the Haven is a good way to burn off some excess calories. If I win a lottery jackpot, I’d stay in an aft suite on every cruise.

• Like 2