P&O SURVEY ABOUT NEW ITINERARIES

happy v

Has anyone else received and filled in the new survey?

It started as usual asking about cruise lines etc.

Then I was shown an advert and asked to look at it for 15 seconds and then answer some questions.

It wasn't a particularly good ad. in my opinion, too busy.

Anyway I thought it was for a week cruise and the selling point seemed to be three overnight, or very early hours departures. There were two?? short stops too.

I answered the questions asked and proceeded to the next page, where another advert was shown, same format as before but for a longer cruise with more ports.

Now, the point! After answering similar questions about the second ad. I was asked would I be willing to pay £1699 for either cruise. It was then I realised that they were both 2 week cruises but one was only going to 5 ports but staying all night

This must be something that is being looked at to attract new customers.

Personally I like leaving the port at tea time. Watching the sail out and then being at sea.......which is why we cruise.

I'm sorry if this post isn't very clear as when I started doing the survey I wasn't paying a great deal of attention thinking it was just the normal questionaire.

• Like 1

I received a survey and was going to look at it today. However my emails have been down since mid morning today. 

15 seconds doesn't give you much time to decide. People spend hours finding the right cruise. At least when I get a chance to look at the survey, I can be a bit prepared. I wouldn't want lots of overnights then short days at other places.

Our cruise in June had a lot of sea days. I enjoyed these on Britannia, but not so sure I would have on Ventura even though we liked that ship.

People keep saying that the prices aren't going up. Maybe for those that can book on launch they aren't. However in the few cruises we have done, imo they have gone up quite a bit.

19 minutes ago, emam said:

I received a survey and was going to look at it today. However my emails have been down since mid morning today. 

15 seconds doesn't give you much time to decide. People spend hours finding the right cruise. At least when I get a chance to look at the survey, I can be a bit prepared. I wouldn't want lots of overnights then short days at other places.

Our cruise in June had a lot of sea days. I enjoyed these on Britannia, but not so sure I would have on Ventura even though we liked that ship.

People keep saying that the prices aren't going up. Maybe for those that can book on launch they aren't. However in the few cruises we have done, imo they have gone up quite a bit.

They are only going up because people are booking them. The more people book the higher the price moves up. It is simple economics. Supply and demand. If they go too high and bookings fall off then they come down again.

I never seem to get these surveys. Interesting, not sure which one of the 2 I would like. To me on the smaller ships (aurora and arcadia) I would like it if they were more like Fred and went to different places on the shorter cruises instead of same as ,same as. Maybe a couple of mystery ones into the mix as well. Thinking about it not sure i would want overnighters to often. As a family group (who they are trying to attract now), would said family want to go ashore of a night time, or would they prefer the childrens club and the parents can enjoy themselves knowing their children are safe.

I haven’t had the survey yet but like the other poster my emails are down too!

I’ve seen the odd cruise that has 2 full days in Barcelona, that would appeal to me but I appreciate if you’ve been there many times it might not!

I had the survey a few days ago and completed it.  I don't mind the odd overnight here and there in really interesting places but not overly keen on two-night stays.  Like Happy V, I like cruises because I like being at sea.  It does seem however that many new-to-cruise like to fly to the sun and have precious few sea-days.  I guess they have to try something new.  Maybe if they have a positive response to the idea they will trial it on Iona.  I left them in no doubt that I prefer a more traditional style of cruise.

22 hours ago, emam said:

I look forward to hearing what you make of it.

Hopefully you will be more observant than me.

33 minutes ago, happy v said:

I look forward to hearing what you make of it.

Hopefully you will be more observant than me.

It's not the same survey. It was more like a review after buying something online.

I certainly wouldn't like to stay in one place for three nights or to have 3 separate overnight stays in one cruise. That is taking both sea and port days away. The whole point of cruising. Half day stays don't give you much time to do much. Would prefer later departures at some (not all) ports, with more local entertainment coming onboard.

We don't though do the far away cruises, so that probably makes a difference.

4 hours ago, Britboys said:

I had the survey a few days ago and completed it.  I don't mind the odd overnight here and there in really interesting places but not overly keen on two-night stays.  Like Happy V, I like cruises because I like being at sea.  It does seem however that many new-to-cruise like to fly to the sun and have precious few sea-days.  I guess they have to try something new.  Maybe if they have a positive response to the idea they will trial it on Iona.  I left them in no doubt that I prefer a more traditional style of cruise.

Well that's two votes against.

• Like 1