I have this cruise sickness....

graphicguy

24 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Stay safe, Dave.  

I'm seeing all sorts of information.  One of the news reports said that the tracking tools provided by the weather service are terrible (www.weather.gov).  That seems ominous.  Don't know if they weather service had budget cuts, or what.  But, not seeing much in the way of reliable info.

I usually depend most on the Euro model from The Weather Channel.  That has been the most accurate for quite a while now and correctly predicted Hurricane Matthew that hit us and South Carolina pretty hard.

• Like 1

I can take a hint.

After getting a little nervous about GETTING TO the cruise port (I actually think the ship will be fine sailing to the Western Caribbean itinerary).  I actually booked a flight to Miami on Saturday, instead of Sunday.  I've had luck sailing in the day of embarkation in the past (actually, I've done it quite often).  But, flights are available, and the bulk of the weather isn't supposed to hit FL (if it actually turns into a Cat 1 or 2 Hurricane) until Sunday.

Found a nice hotel (Aloft Coral Gables) near the cruise port for a really good price (less than $100).

I'm feeling a lot better about sailing, now!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I can take a hint.

After getting a little nervous about GETTING TO the cruise port (I actually think the ship will be fine sailing to the Western Caribbean itinerary).  I actually booked a flight to Miami on Saturday, instead of Sunday.  I've had luck sailing in the day of embarkation in the past (actually, I've done it quite often).  But, flights are available, and the bulk of the weather isn't supposed to hit FL (if it actually turns into a Cat 1 or 2 Hurricane) until Sunday.

Found a nice hotel (Aloft Coral Gables) near the cruise port for a really good price (less than $100).

Good move.  TWC has now bumped it up to a Cat 3 when it hits FL on Monday.  YIKES!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I can take a hint.

Great Idea!

Wishing You & All who are sailing this weekend in &/or out of Florida a Great Cruise w/out too much motion...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shoppie124 said:

On the Breakaway now... we won’t get to Miami until Tuesday morning... 

Probably even later now.  Latest projections show it not even hitting the coast until Tuesday AM at the earliest.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:26 PM, graphicguy said:

I can take a hint.

Umm @graphicguy it's looking like you will be flying in to an area that most likely will get evacuated or you will be stuck in Florida for at least 4 or 5 days possibly no power etc. (But I am sure you will be posting live through out it)

Hopefully everyone stays safe during this storm.

1 hour ago, JoeTec said:

Umm @graphicguy it's looking like you will be flying in to an area that most likely will get evacuated or you will be stuck in Florida for at least 4 or 5 days possibly no power etc. (But I am sure you will be posting live through out it)

Hopefully everyone stays safe during this storm.

Yeah....thought about that.  NCL is supposed to let me know something by tonight.  I doubt very seriously if the Breakaway is spending an extra night in Cozumel, and will miss embarkation in Miami that I will be able to rework everything.

Just spoke with my TA and she said just about all the cruise lines are waiting to get a better feel for where the storm will land.

Suffice to say, not looking like I’m going to be cruising anywhere on the 1st.  Details will come later.