Discovery 2 - meal sitting times

Hi there

First ever cruise in a couple of weeks and have a question 're meal times.

Can I book our sitting times in advance of the cruise? We don't like eating early and would really prefer the later slot.

Any tips greatly appreciated. 

Regards Mike 

10 hours ago, SteelerBaggy said:

Hi there

First ever cruise in a couple of weeks and have a question 're meal times.

Can I book our sitting times in advance of the cruise? We don't like eating early and would really prefer the later slot.

Any tips greatly appreciated. 

Regards Mike 

It is freedom dining - go any time whilst the restaurants are open.  In the 2 waiter service restaurants (47 and Gallery 47) if there isn't a table free when you first arrive at the dining rooms you will be given a buzzer to summon you as soon as one is available - we never waited more than 10 minutes.  If you are prepared to share a table with other people you generally don't wait at all but we prefer a table just for 2.

The only places you have to book in advance are the payable speciality restaurants Surf and Turf, Kora La and Hot Stones; if you want to eat there you will need to book as soon as you board as places are limited and fill fast - there are touch screens by destination services on deck 5 where you can do this.

Edited by campolady
  • Like 1

We found that our preferred time had a 40 min wait every night.To alleviate that,I used to pop down from the bar,40 min early and grab a buzzer.Carry on drinking and buzz,worked pretty well.

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

We found that our preferred time had a 40 min wait every night.To alleviate that,I used to pop down from the bar,40 min early and grab a buzzer.Carry on drinking and buzz,worked pretty well.

Hi Brian.

That sounds like a well thought out plan.🍺🥃👍

• Haha 1