Question about Deck 11 - Carnival Dream

tkportersat

I booked 11271 due to its proximity to the smoking deck (for my mom/aunt).  Are there doors that go straight out to that area?  I can't find any good pictures.  I am already nervous due to the rooms being under the water slides, starting to second guess my choice....lol.  I would appreciate any information from anyone that has stayed in one of these rooms or is a smoker that can recall.  Please no judgement, just trying to make the ladies happy and this was the only way I could get my mom on a cruise after they removed smoking from the balcony.  

Edited by tkportersat

9 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We were in stateroom 11266 (port side) on the Magic last year, sister ship to Dream.  We did not hear a thing from the water slides.  

In 2011, we were in 11266 on the Dream.  On the second day of the cruise, we noticed the hallway carpet was wet.  It was coming from the water slide above us.  It never got into the cabins but it was that way all through the rest of the cruise.  They put fans on the carpet but it never did dry out.  I never heard any more about it after the cruise so I guess they fixed the leak.

• Like 1

I have stayed on this room several times in recent years and have not had any noise at all and have never seen any water. Yes, if you walk out of the room to the left, then right, there is a door that opens up right next to the door to the deck above the pool. I used to stay there specifically for the convenient location, access to the door and the silence. 

Cheers! 

3 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

In 2011, we were in 11266 on the Dream.  On the second day of the cruise, we noticed the hallway carpet was wet.  It was coming from the water slide above us.  It never got into the cabins but it was that way all through the rest of the cruise.  They put fans on the carpet but it never did dry out.  I never heard any more about it after the cruise so I guess they fixed the leak.

Oh wow....I definitely hope they have that worked out.  haha

2 hours ago, Wheels87 said:

I have stayed on this room several times in recent years and have not had any noise at all and have never seen any water. Yes, if you walk out of the room to the left, then right, there is a door that opens up right next to the door to the deck above the pool. I used to stay there specifically for the convenient location, access to the door and the silence. 

Cheers! 

Great, thanks so much!  I am hoping it is like the room I had one time that we were so close we just went to our room to use the bathroom.  Either way, the ladies will be happy they have a place to smoke nearby.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tkportersat said:

Great, thanks so much!  I am hoping it is like the room I had one time that we were so close we just went to our room to use the bathroom.  Either way, the ladies will be happy they have a place to smoke nearby.  

Yes, it is right next to the pool. You just have to take the stairs or elevator up one level. 

I personally love sitting on deck 11 above the aft pool, so it is a short walk back to the room. 

Trust me, you'll love it! 

3 hours ago, Wheels87 said:

Yes, it is right next to the pool. You just have to take the stairs or elevator up one level. 

I personally love sitting on deck 11 above the aft pool, so it is a short walk back to the room. 

Trust me, you'll love it! 

Awesome, I really appreciate that!    We had a great room on the Triumph once that was close like that and it has always been my favorite because we could just walk back to the room to use the bathroom.  

On 8/9/2019 at 10:10 AM, tkportersat said:

Awesome, I really appreciate that!    We had a great room on the Triumph once that was close like that and it has always been my favorite because we could just walk back to the room to use the bathroom.  

We do the same. Those bathrooms by the pool area get quite messy and crowded on sea days.  And if you forget something in your cabin, it's just a quick trip back to get it.

• Like 1