Costa Maya Adventure Park Shore Excursion Height Requirements

We are very interested in the excursions to the Maya, Lost Mayan Kingdom Adventure/Water Park Royal Caribbean offers, but they all say there is a 48" height requirement.  My youngest son is 44" (and likely won't grow 4" by the end of February).   I have verified with quite a few other people that there is a ton of stuff he will be able to do there, though... will the ship really not allow him to go on this 'excusion' due to a few inches, even though the park has different (lower) height requirements?

I've also learned that the water park is very close to the pier... but all of the options I see to purchase tickets on-line are actually more expensive than the excursion options.  It seems the on-line booking is for *all* of the options, vs just the waterpark, or just ziplining (there is 0% chance Grandma is going down a zipline!).  Does anyone know if there are different ticket options to buy direct actually *at* the park (I am posting in the Costa Maya boards as well)?  I'm surprised I can't find more information about this.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, spangnash said:

We are very interested in the excursions to the Maya, Lost Mayan Kingdom Adventure/Water Park Royal Caribbean offers, but they all say there is a 48" height requirement.  My youngest son is 44" (and likely won't grow 4" by the end of February).   I have verified with quite a few other people that there is a ton of stuff he will be able to do there, though... will the ship really not allow him to go on this 'excusion' due to a few inches, even though the park has different (lower) height requirements?

I've also learned that the water park is very close to the pier... but all of the options I see to purchase tickets on-line are actually more expensive than the excursion options.  It seems the on-line booking is for *all* of the options, vs just the waterpark, or just ziplining (there is 0% chance Grandma is going down a zipline!).  Does anyone know if there are different ticket options to buy direct actually *at* the park (I am posting in the Costa Maya boards as well)?  I'm surprised I can't find more information about this.  Thanks!

Not sure if you saw my reply to your other thread but I suggest you email the park directly- they are good at answering in my experience.