Cancelling Drink/Dining packages ???

This most likely has been discussed before, sorry in advance for the repeat question.

We have an upcoming cruise where we have already purchased the Deluxe Beverage Package & some Specialty Dining online. We are thinking about submitting a Royal Up bid that (if we win the bid) will give us Star Class benefits... which include the Deluxe Beverage Package & Unlimited Specialty Dining. I "hear" that we won't know if we win the bid until 2 days prior to sailing..... at which time I would no longer need the Specialty Dining & Deluxe Beverage packages that we have already purchased.

Here's the question: Can I cancel those pre-purchases online or by calling Royal within that 2 day window or can I cancel them once onboard & get my money refunded to my credit card? I would not want that refund given back as On Board Credit. 

Thanks kindly for your patience & your knowledge ….

Just now, SRV FAN said:

Here's the question: Can I cancel those pre-purchases online or by calling Royal within that 2 day window or can I cancel them once onboard & get my money refunded to my credit card? I would not want that refund given back as On Board Credit. 

Unlikely you will be able to cancel pre cruise that close in but you can on board. It will be refundable OBC, so it will be laundered via OBC back to your card.  

Just now, Biker19 said:

Unlikely you will be able to cancel pre cruise that close in but you can on board. It will be refundable OBC, so it will be laundered via OBC back to your card.  

Sorry for being somewhat dense...I don't understand what you said.... "laundered via OBC back to your card."  ????

6 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

Sorry for being somewhat dense...I don't understand what you said.... "laundered via OBC back to your card."  ????

Any refundable credit you have at the end of the cruise goes back to your credit card, or you can get cash from Guest Services on the last day.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Any refundable credit you have at the end of the cruise goes back to your credit card, or you can get cash from Guest Services on the last day.

That part I know, but is the refunded amount for what I have bought considered “REFUNDABLE”? If so, then that is perfect! 

Thanks!!! 

6 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

That part I know, but is the refunded amount for what I have bought considered “REFUNDABLE”? If so, then that is perfect! 

Thanks!!! 

Yes.

IF you bought those things with OBC that was Nonrefundable when you used it, it will NOT be refundable as described above.

Did you have OBC that you used in your Cruise Planner, or did you purchase everything completely on your credit card?

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

IF you bought those things with OBC that was Nonrefundable when you used it, it will NOT be refundable as described above.

Did you have OBC that you used in your Cruise Planner, or did you purchase everything completely on your credit card?

No! Everything was bought on my credit card! YAY! 

• Like 1

Also, the OBC that gets refunded will go to the credit card that you set up for your on-board account, which may or may not be the same card you originally charged it to at the time of the purchase.  

So just be aware of that when setting up your account, if you have more than one card and want it credited back to a certain card.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Also, the OBC that gets refunded will go to the credit card that you set up for your on-board account, which may or may not be the same card you originally charged it to at the time of the purchase.  

So just be aware of that when setting up your account, if you have more than one card and want it credited back to a certain card.  

I only use my Royal Caribbean card for cruising... so no worries there! THANKS! 

• Like 1