Oceania vs Azamara

Salf777

8 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

I have been lucky enough to sail on AZ and O...a number of times... and I like them both...they are "similar but different"...and they "ARE different" in my eyes". TBH...I"m just thrilled that I can go on either one...aren't we blessed?  I think that everyone should maybe try EACH one...and then decide for themselves...no one can decide for you...IMO...what you will like...but any day at sea is a day I will never forget!

Probably the nicest most honest answer I have seen so thank you!

i agree any day at sea is a good day. 

Sailing Oceania in December 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Salf777 said:

Probably the nicest most honest answer I have seen so thank you!

i agree any day at sea is a good day. 

Sailing Oceania in December 

Thank you Salf777...Happy days at sea..they are THE BEST...IMO!!! :)

On 8/9/2019 at 1:27 AM, cruiseaholic78 said:

We are quite happy with either cruise line however the itinerary is always very important.

That said you really can’t compare tha Riviera to the R ships but as both lines use the smaller ships for South Africa this does not really matter.

As you are comparing the two I would like to mention the following: Azamara starts in Cape Town and ends there for three days which means of the 13 cruise days 4 are in Cape Town. It would make more sense in this case to book a few days pre cruise there, the Oceania cruise is longer giving 15 days total which is always good in my books. Pricewise they look similar but you have to take the possible “O”life into consideration and Azamara includes drinks and tips.

Finally and most important, if you have the days and the cash why not choose the amazing trip on Oceania Nautica from Cape Town to Singapore 31 days visiting not only South Africa but also Maldives Mauritius and many many more.

Needless to say this is the one we chose!

Happy planning

Rosalyn

We did the 30 day cape town to singapore cruise last jan/Feb.  Fantastic!

16 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

We did the 30 day cape town to singapore cruise last jan/Feb.  Fantastic!

Ahhh I wish I could do the 30 days! My business wont allow me to be gone so long at this time.

Im trying to figure out the costs with the "O Life" as compared to Azamara as O includes airfare (although we would want to upgrade to business class air, its a long flight from Florida). My initial brief look seems to look like O is the better value once I price in business class air to Azamara.

We loved Azamara but we are going to try O in December to get a feel to make a more informed decision. Im sure both are wonderful so in reading all this I think its going to come down to the itinerary in the end.

You have all been so helpful and I still welcome any helpful comments 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Salf777 said:

Ahhh I wish I could do the 30 days! My business wont allow me to be gone so long at this time.

Im trying to figure out the costs with the "O Life" as compared to Azamara as O includes airfare (although we would want to upgrade to business class air, its a long flight from Florida).

If you do BUS class  just take the air credit & book your own air 

the cost of BUS class with O is more $  than to DIY

JMO

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

If you do BUS class  just take the air credit & book your own air 

the cost of BUS class with O is more $  than to DIY

JMO

Thanks for the advice. This is why I ask for educated answers

• Like 1