HELP WITH DIRECTIONS AT SALT LAKE CITY AIRPORT

azgrandmax3

Within a month we will arrive at SLC airport from Tucson.  With 45 minutes to board our next flight on Delta headed for JFK airport.

It appears we arrive at F6 and depart again at D7.  From directory it seems one gate is in terminal 1 and the other is terminal 2.  I can only walk at normal speed.  Will I have to take a tram? Is there a walkway between terminals?  Thanks for you input.  Joyce 

The terminals are connected. By the time the plane unloads you (depending on where you are sitting) and which gate your plane eventually winds up at (if your flight or the flight at the gate before yours arrives earlier or later than expected your plane could be moved to another gate) you may have to walk briskly to get to your next gate. I agree with Plant, arrange for wheelchair assist. You can request it just for SLC, if you want. They will wheel you to where you need to go.

Here's a link to the airport's map. I flew through SLC this past June on the way to Vancouver. Fortunately for me, my second flight was delayed, giving me time to use a bathroom and eat. I originally had less than 30 minutes between flights. (These were flights I was put on when my original flight going through Newark was delayed.)

https://www.slcairport.com/maps/airport-terminal-map/

I agree with the above posts--if you think you can't walk it, request help. The airport isn't huge but is still a pain to navigate. And Delta schedules  a lot of flights with ridiculous layover times. We used to use them a lot coming from Europe, but so many missed flights, we stopped. Granted, this was coming home, so not as critical, but still hard to run to the gates.