Symphony OTS: does "ship's time" change?

karen_g

I will be on Symphony next January, and I'm trying to set up some private excursions in St. Kitts and St. Thomas.  Pretty sure that in the winter, both St. Kitts and St. Thomas are one hour ahead of Miami ("ship's time").  Will the ship stay on Miami time throughout the whole week, or will it change at some point? 

It is totally up to the Captain during the sailing.   I have been on several sailings where it was changed when the previous sailing (same itinerary, same captain) it wasn't.   All of the private excursion companies are aware of when the ship will arrive (local time) and when they have to get you back to the ship.  (otherwise they wouldn't stay in business very long).

14 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

It is totally up to the Captain during the sailing.   I have been on several sailings where it was changed when the previous sailing (same itinerary, same captain) it wasn't.   All of the private excursion companies are aware of when the ship will arrive (local time) and when they have to get you back to the ship.  (otherwise they wouldn't stay in business very long).

Thanks, Steve.

26 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

Ditto what Steve said. 

The Captain will make clear announcements relative to time changes (or not) prior to releasing passengers at the port.