C&A benefits for spouse

arlodog

Hi everyone:

Struggling to search the new boards so thought I would post a question.  We sail in 2 weeks on LOTS.  When I went to do our on-line check in I noticed that I am now Diamond level.  I have been on 1 more 7 day cruise than my DH who is also going on the cruise.  For some reason, I thought that spouses automatically shared status level.  When I printed our set and sail passes I noticed he is still platinum.  We were hoping to use the diamond lounge this cruise for the first time.  I have read the C&A FAQ's but can't find information on this.  

He wouldn't be pleased if I went to the lounge by myself!  Can someone confirm C&A status for spouses? 

If your both at the same address as a couple you should both have the same status/points. I have 7 more points than my wife but on our profiles we both the points (mine, as they are more)

You can check onboard with the loyalty ambassador to see exactly who has what points.

I am having trouble with some math here. You only have one 7 night cruise more than he does but yet you are diamond and he is platinum. The most points your husband can have as platinum is 54. You have to have at least 80 to be diamond. Emerald class is in between platinum and Diamond. Are you sure you actually have enough points to be diamond. If you do that is great, then your husband can be linked with you and get the same benefits.

22 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

I am having trouble with some math here. You only have one 7 night cruise more than he does but yet you are diamond and he is platinum. The most points your husband can have as platinum is 54. You have to have at least 80 to be diamond. Emerald class is in between platinum and Diamond. Are you sure you actually have enough points to be diamond. If you do that is great, then your husband can be linked with you and get the same benefits.

Two possibilities, I’d say. One, the OP is not actually Diamond and what they saw when they checked in is an error. The other possibility is since the spouse is apparently not linked, they may be missing cruise points as well. In either case, calling C&A should get it straightened out.

Irrelevant as @ Host Clarea said call C&A and link both spouses, it is best until .... well you approach Pinnacle when you should un-link them if you have differing points so you can both claim a free cruise (not ever going to happen for me)

3 hours ago, cruisegus said:

Irrelevant as @ Host Clarea said call C&A and link both spouses, it is best until .... well you approach Pinnacle when you should un-link them if you have differing points so you can both claim a free cruise (not ever going to happen for me)

The old Royal Caribbean divorce.

11 hours ago, cruisegus said:

7 hours ago, SonicShip said:

The old Royal Caribbean divorce.

Never heard of that