Dublin Embarkation

Jordanyaya1

We are sailing out of Dublin on the Reflection in May of 2020. We are trying to figure out the embarkation process. Celebrity has said we can board between 4:30 - 8:30 PM. We sail at 9:45PM. I’m not sure when to schedule dinner since the life boat drill will take place after 8:30 PM but before 9:45PM. On past cruises on the Reflection, concierge class passengers were assigned to the main dining room for the life boat drill. I don’t see how this is possible since dinner is being served. Can anyone who has had this late departure in Dublin shed some light on this? I called my Celebrity agent but he was as confused as I am. Thanks.

We sailed from Dublin in June. Embarkation began at the usual late morning time. Sailaway was at 8 and, to the best of my recollection, the muster drill was about 7-730pm. Those who were eating had to leave for the drill ( we were in Tuscan Grill for our station so did see interrupted meals) and then return to complete their meal .

I’ve double checked with Celebrity and they have confirmed we can’t board until 4:30. Definitely not going to any speciality restaurants and risk having to leave in the middle of our meal. If boarding starts at 4:30, heavens only knows when we will get our luggage. I don’t t understand the late boarding since the ship arrives in Dublin the night before our cruise departs the following evening.

We sailed out of Dublin in May.  Boarding began about noon, and the life boat drill was at about 7:00.  All restaurants and bars were closed for about 45 minutes before/during the drill.  We ate in Murano before the drill, and were the last folks out before the drill.  The was a line to get into Murano, since it is a muster station. 

18 hours ago, Jordanyaya1 said:

I’ve double checked with Celebrity and they have confirmed we can’t board until 4:30. Definitely not going to any speciality restaurants and risk having to leave in the middle of our meal. If boarding starts at 4:30, heavens only knows when we will get our luggage. I don’t t understand the late boarding since the ship arrives in Dublin the night before our cruise departs the following evening.

I think there were too many complaints about the shuttle bus wait at Dublin port.

When we boarded in May, people had to wait 45 - 90 mins after checkin before they could get on the bus.

So I guess they try to disperse customers so they don’t all arrive at the same time.

Following this thread. We sail out of Dublin on the Reflection on May 8, 2020. We arrive from US at 0900. Looking to utilize one of the luggage storage places in Dublin for the day since we don’t want to travel around Dublin with luggage.