Freedom Dining Link Bookings?

Please could I ask with Freedom dining, on ships with more than one Freedom dining room, do you still get an allocated dining room?

The reason I ask is because I am travelling as part of a group and wonder if we need to link bookings for dining.  We would like to share tables as a group. The ship I am sailing on is Iona so I know all answers will be speculative but of course Iona will not offer Club dining. 

Thank you in advance, Stephen. 

PS Please could I ask that you do not reply saying why you always have Club and why you would never go for Freedom. Those arguments have been done before. Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, stephen@stoneyard.co.uk said:

Please could I ask with Freedom dining, on ships with more than one Freedom dining room, do you still get an allocated dining room?

The reason I ask is because I am travelling as part of a group and wonder if we need to link bookings for dining.  We would like to share tables as a group. The ship I am sailing on is Iona so I know all answers will be speculative but of course Iona will not offer Club dining. 

Thank you in advance, Stephen. 

PS Please could I ask that you do not reply saying why you always have Club and why you would never go for Freedom. Those arguments have been done before. Thank you. 

You will find  a card  in you cabin telling you which MDR you are assigned to and on the first evening you will be asked to produce it at the door, after that you will simply be asked for your cabin number.  To prevent any problems I would link the bookings but we have been directed to the other freedom dining room when our assigned one has been particularly busy so I don't think that you would necessarily have a problem all going to the same dining room.

Wowzz I appreciated your advice.  I have not owned that domain for many years. I was offered enough for it to pay for a weeks cruise several times over the years. Unfortunately the granite work surface manufacturer went bust.  The building developer, of a development called the Stoneyard, lost interest. I moved away from the hamlet called Stoneyard so did not renew the registration. 

Thank you, Stephen. 

Edited by stephen@stoneyard.co.uk

Hi Stephen

Obviously not sure about Iona but was amazed in Feb on Azura when we were told we could use either freedom dining room.  I was so sure we had to stick to the one listed on the card in the cabin! But one night, cannot remember the reason, when waiting to go in to Freedom, the guy on the computer, checking our name, just said, you are welcome to visit either freedom restaurant at any time on any night.

Terri

1 hour ago, stephen@stoneyard.co.uk said:

Wowzz I appreciated your advice.  I have not owned that domain for many years. I was offered enough for it to pay for a weeks cruise several times over the years. Unfortunately the granite work surface manufacturer went bust.  The building developer, of a development called the Stoneyard, lost interest. I moved away from the hamlet called Stoneyard so did not renew the registration. 

Thank you, Stephen. 

No worries. I was concerned that you might get inundated with emails from Russian girls wanting to be your "friend"!

1 hour ago, Thejuggler said:

I'm glad P&O have finally adopted Princess system of having open restaurant choice on at least Grand class ships.

It isn't new; they were doing the same on Ventura five years ago - just pick whichever had the smallest queue.

The only issue I have encountered is the wine waiters getting a bit grumpy if they have to go to the other restaurant if you have put an open bottle to one side.

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

No worries. I was concerned that you might get inundated with emails from Russian girls wanting to be your "friend"!

They usually friend me on Facebook. I am fifty years old man in the U.K. and like ships and trains. Of course a twenty year old European woman in underwear is going to be interested in me. 

Best wishes, Stephen. 

1 hour ago, stephen@stoneyard.co.uk said:

They usually friend me on Facebook. I am fifty years old man in the U.K. and like ships and trains. Of course a twenty year old European woman in underwear is going to be interested in me. 

Best wishes, Stephen. 

With your interests, I'm sure they will be interested in being transported away from Russia, possibly without underwear.

Perhaps this thread is drifting a little! 

This just reminded me to ring P&O as I sent an email weeks ago asking for 3 bookings to be linked and never got a reply! I rang and turns out they did it and just didn't confirm so all okay. The lady said it does not guarantee dining allocation (obviously) but they do their best to put linked bookings together. So you might need to chase to confirm its actually been done.

A bit more risky for us as we are all on saver fares so we just have to take our chance (not looking for a lecture about booking saver fares from anyone thanks, Select was prohibitively more expensive to the point one cabin would just not have been able to go)