MDR - Caribbean Night

snoope

This is an actual thing. After a day in Labadee we had dinner in the MDR. All the staff were dressed in Hawaiian shirts and there was loud, distorted, reggae and “island music” playing. We couldn’t even hear each chat. Granted we were seated under the speaker. I asked the waiter to turn in down. No problem he says. 20 mins later nothing. I asked the supervisor and she turned it down right away. She said it was a new thing they were trying. It was so loud and annoying. Totally ruined the ambience. Then they did the Congo line thing. The music got cranked up for that and stayed like that thru coffee and dessert. I complained again. I really hope this doesn’t become a regular thing. If you hated the announcements, you would walk out on this. 

On our last cruise we hurried through dinner so we would be done by the time they started the announcements and the cheesy conga line/singing/dancing they do. They have turned what used to be a relaxing meal for us into something we have to rush through so we don't have to deal with their antics. We ate in the Windjammer one night and enjoyed it. I see more dinners in the Windjammer in our future.

2 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

On our last cruise we hurried through dinner so we would be done by the time they started the announcements and the cheesy conga line/singing/dancing they do. They have turned what used to be a relaxing meal for us into something we have to rush through so we don't have to deal with their antics. We ate in the Windjammer one night and enjoyed it. I see more dinners in the Windjammer in our future.

Agree. I'm usually first in MD and one of first out. Have my own table, Waiters know my schedule, like to avoid the "Show". Personal choice... Though recently have done few Cruises only eating in Windjammer. Food, presentation, choice and taste has improved 100% over couple yrs ago