Any negatives to a bunkbed cabin

Ocean Cat

1 hour ago, Ocean Cat said:

We were assigned a cabin with two dots. The key indicates bunk beds. I like the location ok. Is there any negative for two ppl to have this cabin?

No negative for two.  The bunk beds are a special type of couch, where it raises up to become a bunk bed.  With two of you in the room, it will just be left down as a regular couch.

Yes just two ppl. I know I’m over thinking, but now I’m concerned they may move us to another cabin to accommodate a family in our current cabin. I have a May 9th sail date so maybe the kids will still be in school...that was my plan.  

Edited by Ocean Cat

• 3 weeks later...

It depends on the ship and the cabin. If it is the couch style bunk beds you won’t notice. If it’s the beds that come down from the ceiling they will stay in the ceiling so it won’t be any different with just 2 of you in the cabin. If it’s the ones that fold down from the wall then it could be a minor inconvenience because it make the room seem smaller and has the potential to hit your head because even when they are folded up they still stick out a bit. 

I'm interested in this question, too, as we will have a bunkbed cabin on Seaside in a few months.  Somewhere on CC, I seem to recall seeing a photo of a cabin that had a metal double bunk beyond the regular bed, and closer to the balcony.  There are only two of us, but it is coded as a 4-person cabin.  It seems like the bunk will take up a lot of room -- but maybe a handy place to stow our luggage and stuff!

12 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I'm interested in this question, too, as we will have a bunkbed cabin on Seaside in a few months.  Somewhere on CC, I seem to recall seeing a photo of a cabin that had a metal double bunk beyond the regular bed, and closer to the balcony.  There are only two of us, but it is coded as a 4-person cabin.  It seems like the bunk will take up a lot of room -- but maybe a handy place to stow our luggage and stuff!

The bunk bed is inside the sofa, if there are just the two of you in the cabin then it will stay a sofa, but if 4 they will open it up.  Just off of seaview on saturday with our two boys 15,12 and found this room to be the best for bed arrangement on any ship we have been on NCL,RCI, Carnival,TUI. The bunk was next to balcony but still gave full access even when up .

• Like 1