Navigator Junior Suites

More questions...

I began looking into an accessible JS, and apparently, the square footage is smaller than a regular JS.  Is that right?  I always thought accessible rooms were larger than their non-accessible equivalents.   Does it feel smaller?

Also, I happened to be checking travel websites to compare inventory and saw a JS that was available on those sites, but not on RC's website.  If I call RC, can I possibly get that room(it's in a great location, or would that be one I can only get through those other sites?  

8 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Also, I happened to be checking travel websites to compare inventory and saw a JS that was available on those sites, but not on RC's website.  If I call RC, can I possibly get that room(it's in a great location, or would that be one I can only get through those other sites?  

RC's website shows a small subset of available staterooms.  However you can call and get whatever is available.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

More questions...

I began looking into an accessible JS, and apparently, the square footage is smaller than a regular JS.  Is that right?  I always thought accessible rooms were larger than their non-accessible equivalents.   Does it feel smaller?

RC’s website does not show all of the available cabins. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

RC's website shows a small subset of available staterooms.  However you can call and get whatever is available.

Thank you.  Wasn't sure if the room was allocated to travel websites or not.  It's in a good location, so I think I'm gonna call for it.

1 hour ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Thank you.  Wasn't sure if the room was allocated to travel websites or not.  It's in a good location, so I think I'm gonna call for it.

They way it's been explained to me is that travel agencies get a certain number of staterooms in various categories, but they don't get specific staterooms.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 5:53 PM, MaskedTurtle said:

More questions...

Found something interesting.  When I search for 4 ppl, the specific JS I would book is available on other sites, but not on RC, even though it fits 4 ppl.  However, when I search for 2 ppl, the room shows up.  Is this possibly because even though there is a capacity for 4, the muster station amounts would only allow for 2 at this time?  And the reason it still shows up as available for 4 on other sites is because those sites maybe don't have access to muster station info?  I would think that if, according to RC, the room is currently intended for 2 ppl, that should be relayed to other sites.  I wonder what would happen if someone booked the room for 4 on another site.  Can/would RC shift things around?  Or once the muster stations are set, that's that.

14 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Found something interesting.  When I search for 4 ppl, the specific JS I would book is available on other sites, but not on RC, even though it fits 4 ppl.  However, when I search for 2 ppl, the room shows up.  Is this possibly because even though there is a capacity for 4, the muster station amounts would only allow for 2 at this time?  And the reason it still shows up as available for 4 on other sites is because those sites maybe don't have access to muster station info?  I would think that if, according to RC, the room is currently intended for 2 ppl, that should be relayed to other sites.  I wonder what would happen if someone booked the room for 4 on another site.  Can/would RC shift things around?  Or once the muster stations are set, that's that.

Makes sense.   I would guess that the attempt to book on the other site would fail, or would be cancelled very quickly.

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Makes sense.   I would guess that the attempt to book on the other site would fail, or would be cancelled very quickly.

Glad you knew what I was saying.  I wasn't sure if I was clear.  I tried asking Royal Caribbean about it, but so far no solid answers.  Darn!  It would have been a great cabin.

8 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Glad you knew what I was saying.  I wasn't sure if I was clear.  I tried asking Royal Caribbean about it, but so far no solid answers.  Darn!  It would have been a great cabin.

Maybe one of our resident travel agents could look on their site for your stateroom.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Maybe one of our resident travel agents could look on their site for your stateroom.

I'm gonna be applying a redeemed cruise reward to this sailing, so I'm pretty sure I have to book with Royal so there are no special rates or anything else that can't be combined.  Besides, if the muster station thing is set in stone, then I wouldn't be able to get this room anyway.

5 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

I'm gonna be applying a redeemed cruise reward to this sailing, so I'm pretty sure I have to book with Royal  ...

If you mean VIsa points redemptions, I apply those to cruises booked with a travel agent all the time.

9 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If you mean VIsa points redemptions, I apply those to cruises booked with a travel agent all the time.

Yes.  Those points.  I know some travel agents get discounts, and those can't be combined.  I've never gotten any special rates with my usual TA, but I know others have.  It's ok.  I'll just keep an eye out.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:20 PM, sandebeach said:

We had a side JS on the Navigator Deck 9 last month. Truthfully, I thought it was the smallest JS I have ever been in, and there was just two of us.  We had an aft JS on the Mariner (sister ship) Deck 10  last year and the room felt bigger. And the aft balcony was bigger, both wider and deeper. I think 4 adults in a side JS might feel a little tight. Just my opinion!

Nice. We have a deck 10 aft on Navigator in October, and this is nice to hear.