Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
TTEllis

Any Bars not to be missed in Fort-de-France?

Recommended Posts

Anyone familiar with any bars in downtown Fort-de-France they could recommend. I'm trying to plan another cruise back to this destination, going to try something different than an island tour. Really wanted to go downtown last fall and bar hop but we didn't have time, I'm not missing it this time. Thanks Todd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 3:22 PM, TTEllis said:

Anyone familiar with any bars in downtown Fort-de-France they could recommend. I'm trying to plan another cruise back to this destination, going to try something different than an island tour. Really wanted to go downtown last fall and bar hop but we didn't have time, I'm not missing it this time. Thanks Todd

 

Fort de France

Like Le Cloud, a funky place with a roof terrace, but shuts after lunch.  But still have a soft spot for Lili's beach bar, although not in town, it's a short taxi ride away. It has a great selection of Rhums at all price points, with a bar food standard well above what one would expect for a beach bar.  Very popular with discerning locals, and generous with pours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If of interest to CC people visiting Martinique.

There's a new Drinks store in Fort de France, being The House of Rhums, just a few minutes walk from the cruise terminal.  They also sell Wine and Beer and have daily tastings with nibbles.

https://m.facebook.com/HOUSEOFRHUMS/

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds wonderful PORT ROYAL thank you for the new info on The House of Rhums, that's a total must see and experience. 

Hope all is well and your staying healthy Todd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 5:27 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

 

Fort de France

Like Le Cloud, a funky place with a roof terrace, but shuts after lunch.  But still have a soft spot for Lili's beach bar, although not in town, it's a short taxi ride away. It has a great selection of Rhums at all price points, with a bar food standard well above what one would expect for a beach bar.  Very popular with discerning locals, and generous with pours.

Do I need Euros? if don't take US how about credit cards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drafterdw said:

Do I need Euros? if don't take US how about credit cards

 

Euros are preferable.  

Bars will take Cards, but they'll fix the rate of exchange in their favour.  

Best to use a First Class Bank in Fort de France for currency transactions.  

Plenty in the town, or buy before you depart your place of residence.  

The ship could serve you a 15% skim.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 6:35 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

 

Euros are preferable.  

Bars will take Cards, but they'll fix the rate of exchange in their favour.  

Best to use a First Class Bank in Fort de France for currency transactions.  

Plenty in the town, or buy before you depart your place of residence.  

The ship could serve you a 15% skim.

 

Exchanging at home does not make sense for small amount I will need for this one place. I don't understand how they adjust on a credit card. I have a credit card I have used all over Europe and the exchange is what it is on the date I made the charge....I have had them adjust in their favor with cash which is why I usually use a card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...