Amsterdam Prebooking

We will be in Amsterdam October 21-24 after a river cruise.   I am prebooking  the Anne Frank House and museums.  Is it really necessary to prebook the Ice Bar and Heineken Experience?  I would prefer to do these at our leisure rather than having to make a specific time.  Any advice is appreciated.

1 hour ago, Diane Rose said:

I am prebooking  the Anne Frank House and museums.  Is it really necessary to prebook the Ice Bar and Heineken Experience?  I would prefer to do these at our leisure rather than having to make a specific time.  Any advice is appreciated.

No, you don't need to prebook either of those. We went to them without a reservation. I think you miss out on some of the promos they run-- one in our party who prebooked the ice bar got an extra free drink than the rest of us-- but otherwise it was the same. With Heineken we actually booked on our phone on the way over there which saved us a few minutes in line once we arrived. The ice bar was a little overblown-- would have rather gone somewhere a bit more interesting with more local flavor. 

2 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

No, you don't need to prebook either of those. We went to them without a reservation. I think you miss out on some of the promos they run-- one in our party who prebooked the ice bar got an extra free drink than the rest of us-- but otherwise it was the same. With Heineken we actually booked on our phone on the way over there which saved us a few minutes in line once we arrived. The ice bar was a little overblown-- would have rather gone somewhere a bit more interesting with more local flavor. 

Good to know.  I get what you’re saying about the Ice Bar, but it just seems like such a unique experience. 

Diane

Both the Ice bar and the Heineken experience are considered to be the 2 biggest tourist traps in Amsterdam. The ice bar, because it is not unique to Amsterdam (there are ice bars all over the world) and has nothing to do with Amsterdam, the Netherlands or Dutch culture. 

The HE because it’s a marketing tour thru a building where they used to brew beer. If you want to taste a Heineken, just go to any of the nice cafes. If you want to see a working brewery, go to Brewery ‘t IJ which is an actual brewery located in a wind mill!

https://www.brouwerijhetij.nl/tours-in-the-brewery/?lang=en

You should book your Anne Frank 2 months in advance, which is NOW! Get them asap at https://www.annefrank.org/en/museum/tickets/

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 7:33 AM, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

You should book your Anne Frank 2 months in advance, which is NOW! Get them asap at https://www.annefrank.org/en/museum/tickets/

Book the orientation as well as it offered fantastic insight. If you don’t prebook tickets for Anne Frank house, you have little chance to get in and none if you’re on an excursion deadline.