First Time Cruising Carnival Since 2000

Negril60

My husband is going to be so happy to hear he doesn’t have to wear a jacket to formal night. I hate packing those and those shoes he so hates. My little black dress is easy to roll up. I had no clue about the one time a day option of making up the  room. We aren’t good snobs but always enjoy the cruise ships dining. I believe with Princess we will be on about noon. I’ve warned my husband this ship will probably be bright and shiny compared to Princess. I actually thought Carnival had better food then Princess in the past . To bad about the table cloths and charge for room service.  I believe when I started sailing in 1996 on the Sensation the cost was around $599 for an inside cabin . We normally fly into different Islands . This cruise is a real bargain.

1 hour ago, Negril60 said:

My husband is going to be so happy to hear he doesn’t have to wear a jacket to formal night. I hate packing those and those shoes he so hates. My little black dress is easy to roll up. I had no clue about the one time a day option of making up the  room. We aren’t good snobs but always enjoy the cruise ships dining. I believe with Princess we will be on about noon. I’ve warned my husband this ship will probably be bright and shiny compared to Princess. I actually thought Carnival had better food then Princess in the past . To bad about the table cloths and charge for room service.  I believe when I started sailing in 1996 on the Sensation the cost was around $599 for an inside cabin . We normally fly into different Islands . This cruise is a real bargain.

I just wear a nice button-up w/ tie and khakis to elegant night, if we even go. You don't even need a tie, but I like to put at least a little effort into it. LOL

Many of the stewards will make you believe that you have to choose either morning or evening service. They have a heavy workload and they do that to try to lighten it. But you can still choose twice a day if you want.

From 6am - 10pm, there are still some free items on the room service menu. Some salads, cold sandwiches & a few desserts. For a fee, there's also some additional daytime menu items. Then from 10pm - 6am, they have other items, but everything costs extra on the overnight menu. Here's the menu if you'd like to have a look...

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/images/explore/dining/menus/room-service-menu.pdf

I want to thank everyone for the responses .  Any cruise is a good cruise in my eyes. The reason we started flying directly to the island is for the more relaxed feel. I think this cruise will hit the spot. Everything had changed over the years . All companies saving $$. 

10 minutes ago, Negril60 said:

I want to thank everyone for the responses .  Any cruise is a good cruise in my eyes. The reason we started flying directly to the island is for the more relaxed feel. I think this cruise will hit the spot. Everything had changed over the years . All companies saving $$. 

We are just the opposite. We used to fly directly to islands and now only go there by ship. That is mainly due to avoiding the hassle of flying when possible. To me it is much more relaxing driving to a port and know we are on vacation the second we step on the ship. Of course living close to several ports in Florida helps.