Celebrity Newbie with Apex Questions

tlc1972

My cruise experience has been NCL (Haven), HA, and RCCL, but I'm really interested in the inaugural cruise on Apex next year.

Here's my dilemma: AquaClass Suite with two perks (which I pick) or Sky Suite for an additional $640+ with all four perks. Which would you book? Is having Luminae as the DR for Sky Suite any better than Blu for AquaClass?

This is a short four-night cruise and has two ports of call, so I'm not sure we'd make great use of the spa access that comes with AquaClass. Pricing is already steep and trying to figure out what's the bigger bang for the buck. 

PS: My perk options are OBC (up to $300), classic beverage package, unlimited WIFI, and paid gratuities. If I had to pick two, I'd probably go with the OBC and paid gratuities. 

The Sky suite would allow you to experience the ship within a ship concept like NCL's Haven while Aqua would be more like a Spa balcony on NCL except with Blu.  I'd probably pay the additional and go for the suite experience and with 2 ports of call on a 4 night itinerary, I might not even get off the ship so that I could get the full experience.  You could use the OBC to purchase a day pass (assuming they have them) to the spa just to try it out.

I would go with the Sky Suite.  Food is very personal, but I like Luminae better than Blu.  I was in a Sky Suite on Edge and loved it.  It was very spacious, had tons of storage, and had a regular balcony.  One of my favorite features was the mirror in the bathroom that could be opened to become a window looking out to the sea.  If you decide on a Sky Suite, I would recommend one that is at midship or forward.  I usually like aft cabins, but on these ships all the amenities for suites are far forward.  My friends had an aft Sky Suite, which has been their favorite, and they said they would not book that again on Edge class ships.  It was a long walk to the Retreat lounge and pool and Luminae.  Additionally the cabin configuration was not as nice as my cabin.  I was a few cabins behind the forward elevators, and it was very convenient.  I think having all 4 perks and all the suite amenities is worth the extra cost.  Whichever you choose, I hope you have a great cruise.

Carolyn

• Like 1