3 night dining package and kids

I recently read in a Royal Caribbean blog that you should NOT buy the dining package for a child, rather just show up with the child and pay the $10 cover for them. I assume when we make reservations onboard for the day and time we would include him in the count? What are your thoughts on this? We currently bought our son the package, but will cancel it if recommended  here. Thanks!

Edited by DanieleBelle

Not sure of your son's age, but I am carrying my daughters family which includes an 8 yo and a 10 yo. I am not buying the package for them.  Just dont think it would be worth it. Now I believe the 10 dollars lets them eat from the standard kids menu but I could be wrong. That menu looks fine though and they will be happier with it in any specialty restaurant.

67760925_2806734329340655_5836299675484815360_n.jpg

Edited by TonyFred

44 minutes ago, TonyFred said:

Not sure of your son's age, but I am carrying my daughters family which includes an 8 yo and a 10 yo. I am not buying the package for them.  Just dont think it would be worth it. Now I believe the 10 dollars lets them eat from the standard kids menu but I could be wrong. That menu looks fine though and they will be happier with it in any specialty restaurant.

67760925_2806734329340655_5836299675484815360_n.jpg

That is the menu for kids 5 and under that are free.  

The menu for kids 6 to 12 is similar to the adult menu but not as many choices and smaller portions 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is the menu for kids 5 and under that are free.  

The menu for kids 6 to 12 is similar to the adult menu but not as many choices and smaller portions 

If my 8 year old wants to eat from that menu (she only eats fries and chicken) (I know I know , terrible mother :()  Can she do it? For free , or would I still have to pay the 10 dollars. 

Thank you 

6 hours ago, Deseo1578 said:

If my 8 year old wants to eat from that menu (she only eats fries and chicken) (I know I know , terrible mother :()  Can she do it? For free , or would I still have to pay the 10 dollars. 

Thank you 

that will be dependent upon your server.   assume that you will be charged due to her age and if you aren't, then count youself lucky.  

• Like 1