Embassy suites shuttle Elizabeth

hannahsnana

15 minutes ago, hannahsnana said:

We are staying at Embassy Suites in Elizabeth prior to Anthem Cruise September 26. Would like to know if the shuttle service from the airport and then to the ship the next day is reliable. Also the price compared to taxi.

The shuttle service from the airport to the hotel is free.  However, you do need to take your luggage on the free Airtrain from the terminal (escalator or elevator up to the airtrain - luggage carts available) to the P4 Station to connect with the hotel shuttle.

Embassy Suites charges $20/pp for the port shuttle.  With 2 people Uber or Lyft would be price competitive.  There have been no complaints about the Embassy Suites port shuttle.

We found that using Uber (first time using it) worked out great for us for all our transportation needs when we flew into EWR to get to our hotel ... from hotel to port and port back to EWR...worth considering it.

Are porters available to take luggage to train? Are the luggage carts returned prior to getting on the train? Just trying to figure out the logistics of managing luggage, cart, and getting on the train easily. Would we take the same route if we were getting a taxi,Uber?  

4 hours ago, hannahsnana said:

Are porters available to take luggage to train? Are the luggage carts returned prior to getting on the train? Just trying to figure out the logistics of managing luggage, cart, and getting on the train easily. Would we take the same route if we were getting a taxi,Uber?  

We used Uber and walked out the door (easily marked for taxi/ground transportation) after getting luggage...we had no train to take using this option....and one of the reasons we did.

I believe the train is used when being picked up by shuttle vans....but I'm sure the local expert on this board will correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Ashland

38 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We used Uber and walked out the door (easily marked for taxi/ground transportation) after getting luggage...we had no train to take using this option....and one of the reasons we did.

I believe the train is used when being picked up by shuttle vans....but I'm sure the local expert on this board will correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct - the train option is to connect with the free hotel shuttles.  Uber is the pay option.  Perhaps you can tell the OP about the Uber cost and the name of your airport hotel.

6 hours ago, 138east said:

You are correct - the train option is to connect with the free hotel shuttles.  Uber is the pay option.  Perhaps you can tell the OP about the Uber cost and the name of your airport hotel.

Sorry..I can't remember the exact cost of our Uber for these trips but it was extremely affordable.

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites right across the street from Embassy Suites in Elizabeth NJ but I certainly can tell you we were very disappointed with this hotel and absolutely would not recommend it.