Free/Reduced Airfare - Multiple Reservations

HS_Travel

Hi --

We're booked with the free airfare promo and a friend is now also joining us on the same cruise (different reservation, but same airport).  Is there a way to have NCL to book us on the same flights?  I know you can "link" reservations, but I don't know if that will be taken into account when assigning air...

Thanks!

We are cruising with free air and our friends changed their cruise to ours and got the free air too. Since we got NCL to link our accounts with a note that we want to fly together. We don't have our info yet so I cannot tell you at this time if it is successful

Fingers crossed 

We are booked with our friends since 3/19 linked our accounts.  Our friend is handicapped and needs assistance.  We are on the Escape 9/29/19, New England and Canada.  NCL  DID NOT book our free air flight together.  I have been fighting with them since I got the air.  I called 2 hours after it showed up (46 days before cruise) and they told me it states no guarantee to fly together is in the find print!!!  No compassion at all.  I  have had my Crluise Consultant try, have written complaints and have called, waiting 1 hour 20 minutes for a supervisor who promised me she would try and would call me back.  That was 10 days ago and no call or e/mail.  NCL has the worst customer service ever!!!  Not travelling again with them (we've done 8 with them).  Hope you all have better luck.

1 hour ago, djtx2 said:

We are booked with our friends since 3/19 linked our accounts.  Our friend is handicapped and needs assistance.  We are on the Escape 9/29/19, New England and Canada.  NCL  DID NOT book our free air flight together.  I have been fighting with them since I got the air.  I called 2 hours after it showed up (46 days before cruise) and they told me it states no guarantee to fly together is in the find print!!!  No compassion at all.  I  have had my Crluise Consultant try, have written complaints and have called, waiting 1 hour 20 minutes for a supervisor who promised me she would try and would call me back.  That was 10 days ago and no call or e/mail.  NCL has the worst customer service ever!!!  Not travelling again with them (we've done 8 with them).  Hope you all have better luck.

Why didn’t you pay to pick your own flights??   Sorry but what you got is what YOU agreed to.  You can claim poor service etc.  But this would have been an easy fix if YOU had paid the $25 deviation fee. 

2 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Why didn’t you pay to pick your own flights??   Sorry but what you got is what YOU agreed to.  You can claim poor service etc.  But this would have been an easy fix if YOU had paid the $25 deviation fee. 

From what I have been told when I've asked about requesting flight changes, etc.  is that the only deviation you can request is to add 1 or 2 days before or after your cruise, if you are using the free air promo.  All I got was crickets when I requested a later flight so I could take a NCL-offered  excursion at the end of my cruise.  Hint to Premium air: NCL makes money on excursions....

• Like 1

I was told when I asked (I think in another thread) that NCL doesn't link reservations for the purposes of flight scheduling.  In fact - my TA linked reservations she made for me for two rooms for dining but could not for flights.  It turns out (at least tentatively) that the two reservations have different proposed air routes despite being from the same airport and the cruise reservations made at the same time.  Fortunately, we're all capable adults and can manage getting ourselves through the airport, we don't HAVE to be on the same flights - we are going to be on a ship together for a week after all.  We have our e-Docs, no flights yet but we just crossed under the 60 days to sailing mark...

What airlines do they typically book with (Newark to Barcelona)?

Do you have any say in seat assignments ( My wife is not a good flyer and would want me beside her)

Can you pay extra to have them bump you to main cabin rather than base economy?

Does the fare include baggage fees?

thanks