Ocean Cay and YC (Drink Packages, food venue, beach, pool etc?)

SailBreakaway

Does anyone have the latest on Ocean Cay and how it will work with the YC experience?

We are booked on Seaside and Mera coming upon next few months.  I looked today and one of the options to purchase now (Dec and Feb) is the drink package for Ocean Cay.  If you have the YC Premium, do we need to purchase this?

Also, what's the plan for food and separate accommodations? I have not seen anything in the recent sketch ups and virtual island tours that show anything.

Is this still evolving? Nothing in the YC cruise fare identifies anything with O-Cay.

Thanks 

13 hours ago, SailBreakaway said:

Does anyone have the latest on Ocean Cay and how it will work with the YC experience?

We are booked on Seaside and Mera coming upon next few months.  I looked today and one of the options to purchase now (Dec and Feb) is the drink package for Ocean Cay.  If you have the YC Premium, do we need to purchase this?

Also, what's the plan for food and separate accommodations? I have not seen anything in the recent sketch ups and virtual island tours that show anything.

Is this still evolving? Nothing in the YC cruise fare identifies anything with O-Cay.

Thanks 

There are a few threads out there (some with pictures of OC). To answer your question, MSC doesn't predict that the Yacht Club section of Ocean Cay will be fully operational until February 2020. In the meantime, it's anticipated that YC passengers will have a dedicated area somewhere on the island (I want to say North Beach but am not 100% sure). It's my understanding that MSC will provide golf carts to shuttle YC guests to their dedicated area. Also, the drinks packages DO travel with you, meaning that you should be able to order the same drinks on Ocean Cay as you would if you were in the YC. I believe Ocean Cay doesn't open until November, and judging by the photos, it looks like they'll be on schedule. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SailBreakaway said:

Thanks for those posts. Appreciate it. Were sailing Dec and Feb 9, so hopefully it will be done for the Feb sailing. 

Things change so much with MSC I wanted to get the latest scoop. 

I think you should be fine by February. We're going there in December and expect it to be open by then. 😊

On 8/27/2019 at 9:08 PM, SailBreakaway said:

Thanks for those posts. Appreciate it. Were sailing Dec and Feb 9, so hopefully it will be done for the Feb sailing. 

Things change so much with MSC I wanted to get the latest scoop. 

We're sailing on December 6.  They have now posted availability of OC "excursions" (5 pages worth) including YC cabana choices to our booking.  Difficult to find any info, however, on any impact Dorian might have on the readiness of the Cay.

10 hours ago, seahags said:

We're sailing on December 6.  They have now posted availability of OC "excursions" (5 pages worth) including YC cabana choices to our booking.  Difficult to find any info, however, on any impact Dorian might have on the readiness of the Cay.

We're leaving the day after you are, fingers crossed, the island is just SE of Miami by a short distance, so if the storm goes north the island should fair well, if it goes south, we will have to hope for the best.  

I'll check out those excursion options for sure, thanks.

Edited by SailBreakaway

Question:  we are sailing Seaside YC (again) in April.  I know there's going to be a YC area on OC...does anyone know if there will be chairs umbrellas avail in this YC area for YC guests free of charge or do you have to rent the YC Cabana ($449 for oceanview, $499 for ocean front) to get in/use this area?

And while I'm going to the well here, what about the food options in the YC beach area?  In the cabana description, it says you get a lunch along with fruit skewers, drinks.  If you don't rent a cabana, do you go to the included buffet in the main area or is lunch also provided in the YC area for non-cabana people, if they even have such a thing (my first question above).

Many thanks in advance for any help on this! Even though this will be our third time on the Seaside, I am excited about the new stop at OC!

Edited by psmarkle

57 minutes ago, psmarkle said:

Question:  we are sailing Seaside YC (again) in April.  I know there's going to be a YC area on OC...does anyone know if there will be chairs umbrellas avail in this YC area for YC guests free of charge or do you have to rent the YC Cabana ($449 for oceanview, $499 for ocean front) to get in/use this area?

And while I'm going to the well here, what about the food options in the YC beach area?  In the cabana description, it says you get a lunch along with fruit skewers, drinks.  If you don't rent a cabana, do you go to the included buffet in the main area or is lunch also provided in the YC area for non-cabana people, if they even have such a thing (my first question above).

Many thanks in advance for any help on this! Even though this will be our third time on the Seaside, I am excited about the new stop at OC!

There has been some discussion but not a lot of for certains.

We'll be there in March and looking for a great YC area as well as the rest of the island.  Like how long the ship stays there.