If no Elite ++ level before Zenith how about some other options

phoenix_dream

22 minutes ago, Ma Bell said:

Why don't the two of you get together and then you'd only have to pay for one.

Sorry I don't sleep with strainger.

I will be in suite fro Hawaii to Sydney from Sep.23rd to Octber 11th.

I like my privacy.

And No Thank You I do have a cruise mate that cruise with me from Rome to Fort Lauderdale on the Transtlantic later on.

Edited by verizon

1 minute ago, verizon said:

Sorry I don't sleep with strainger.

I will be in suite fro Hawaii to Sydney from Sep.23rd to Octber 11th.

I like my privacy.

Just kidding, but if we choose to travel like this we need to be willing to pay.

Somehow...by "hook or by crook" we made Elite Plus in '13 when the "big change" happened. We have sailed X a lot...and will NEVER get to Zenith!! ...because we sail AQ...not suites...and ..as we age...we are turning inwards.. to HAL out of SD...just for the "ease" of sailing. I'm so happy with the "bennies" on X...the ones on HAL...where we are 3 star "Mariners"...soon to be 4...just are pretty marginal. IMO!!  

15 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Why is it ‘sad’ that cruisers pick the same Cruise Line? I should go with another Line because it’s going to make Celebrity add incentives? Right. Most of us that go on the same Line do so not to get more points, but that Line is meeting our current needs and interests. I’ve cruised on many of the mainline Cruise Lines and find Celebrity meets what I enjoy and why I cruise. Loyalty points are nice and provide a few goodies, but with Cruise Lines, including Celebrity, adding included benefits such as drink and internet packages and so on to sign up, the Loyalty benefits aren’t that big of a deal. 

I’ve had friends upgrade a SR in order to get more points to get to a new level, but not pick a Line only for that reason.

And wondering about another post; why would I move over to another Line just because I reached Elite+ and won’t get to Zenith? I got to Elite+ because I enjoy this Line and when/if I cruise on it again, I’ll get nice benefits as an Elite+ that enhance my cruise experience. 

I’ve made 25 Celebrity cruises, and as you can see from my signature, I’ll be making a few more on Celebrity and going over to other Lines that provide an experience Celebrity doesn’t. Each of my selections were for a specific rationale: New Years cruise with friends/river cruises/smaller ‘all inclusive’ cruise to ports that large cruise ships can’t pull into/.....and Celebrity when it provided an experience I want.

And back to the OP’s post: LLP was very clear. No changes. I’ll just enjoy the current benefits. And if Celebrity decides to acknowledge in some way me reaching some number, great. If done at some social event, I’ll be sure to stand up and make a big deal out of it just to embarrass my wife!!

Den

Den- I sail Celebrity and Royal and enjoy the loyalty benefits on both.  I enjoy both lines for different reasons.  I used to care about making the next loyalty level.  Kind of like a personal challenge I guess.  Now that I am E+ and D+, it seems like the challenge is gone.  Kind of like being 1/3 the way up Mt Everest and looking up at the summit and saying I'm really glad to be here in Tibet but I just have no motivation to go any higher.  Its too hard and not worth it to me anymore.  But I will just stay here and enjoy what I've accomplished and be good with that.  Maybe I might try another mountain.  Maybe not because I really like where I am on this one.  I'm enjoying myself.  That's what counts for me now.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2019 at 4:42 PM, Arno. said:

In the last year we have reached triple Zenith, 200 Celebrity cruises and 2,000 days/nights on a Celebrity ship in 25 years of sailing on X.

Nothing from Miami, no card saying well done, no special dinner... (which they removed for the top cruiser on board just as we hit 2,000), no meal with an officer....

Doesn't triple Zenith mean  you hit 9000 points?

I don't understand how a free cruise every 3000 points isn't a very nice thank you.

The cruise following my 100th Celebrity cruise there was a small reception in Quasar for my DW and I. Most of the Senior Officers, including the Captain attended along with our friends and fellow Zeniths. A really beautiful (and may I add tasty) cake was presented and served. Very nice and much appreciated! I must say that the ships are rather inconsistent in what they do to recognize mileposts. I believe that significant mileposts, like 6000 and 9000 points should be recognized as we were. 

2 hours ago, TickledBlue said:

Doesn't triple Zenith mean  you hit 9000 points?

I don't understand how a free cruise every 3000 points isn't a very nice thank you.

The same rewards exist on Royal.

At 6,000 pts, the free cabin (excluding taxes which still have to be paid) is an AQ cruise in Bermuda or the Caribbean or that value subtracted from your choice of alternative.

At 9,000 pts, (no-one at Celebrity has done this before.  There is someone on Azamara that cruises regularly in a penthouse that we have never met.)  the free cabin offer is the same.

It's a nice thank you but one would think it would be acknowledged either by Miami or onboard.

The one positive this year is that the free cruise can now include Edge which has been excluded before.