Geiranger Tender Question

Hi - I have a very specific question about tendering in Geiranger.  I will be on only my second cruise ever, so I don't really know how the tender process works.  Our arrival time in Geiranger says 11:00 on the itinerary.  Is it possible that I can make an 11:30 (non cruise sponsored) excursion?  How does the tender process/queue work on this port and cruise line/  can I just plan to line up early and get off in the first batch of passengers? or will I be subject to an assigned time?  If it's the latter, how much time should i realistically plan for getting off the ship?

Sorry for all the quesitons.  Like I said, I'm new to this so I don't know what to expect. thank you!

40 minutes ago, buffkids said:

Is it possible that I can make an 11:30 (non cruise sponsored) excursion?

Probably. The tour operator probably knows the schedule and people’s ability to get off the ship in a timely manner. Ship sponsored excursions will likely have priority for tenders, but you should be able to get on a fairly early one. Hard to predict how long the wait to get to shore will be. 

Hi we went to Geiranger many years ago, we booked our tickets for public transport to go up the mountain and along the lake, it was fantastic, we had a lovely comfortable coach with about a dozen passengers and we were able to get off for photographs at the top. The only difference from a tour was that we didn’t stop at a cafe. We kept seeing people from the cruise on tour buses which were full, they paid a lot and we paid very little. I think I got the information from the tourist information web site, janice