Parking at Port of Montreal, terminal 1

FrankieSue

I have submitted this question on the Canada New England port of call page, but maybe my Holland America friends can also help.

We will be cruising out of Montreal soon and we would like to park at the Montreal Cruiseport but I cannot find any info on how to reserve parking at the cruiseport.  Any advice?

I found the following online, but don't know if the info is current; the price seems rather steep:

"Cruise Terminal Parking

There is a parking garage located adjacent to the cruise terminal. (A skywalk connects the garage to the terminal.) Parking is $25 per day, with a 15 percent discount for cruise passengers on the first 10 days. Handicap parking, oversized spaces and lot security monitoring are offered. Cash, Visa, MasterCard or American Express are accepted."

This is the link:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2959

Three years ago we did a b2b from Montreal leaving our car in the port garage.  We arrived fairly early when passengers were still disembarking and there was general signage confusion.  We finally made our way to the garage line and had to show our boarding passes and were allowed into the almost empty garage.  All ticket gates were OPEN and unattended.  The HAL employee inside noticed we'd driven and offered us a HAL identification ticket for our window.

At NO point upon entry did we get a ticket and two weeks later simply were waved out -- no charge.  I'm sure someone goofed, but may you be so lucky.

I had  been in contact with port parking authority and been given a weekly rate and advised to request this upon entry.  You might start here:  https://www.port-montreal.com/

Last year we did the repositioning HAL cruise, again from Montreal but this time took the bus from Ottawa -- prebooking senior tickets cost under $50.  It was a breeze on sail away morning.  It cost us more for a taxi to the bus terminal than to Montreal!  The taxi driver at the Montreal station wasn't eager to accept us for a short ride to the port, but too far for us to walk.

Ruth