Small bedroom 2 bedroom suite Getaway

peanders

Bathroom is tight but is usable, the bed when pulled out is almost on the floor. The room was designed for sleeping and nothing more. The bigger problem is if you are splitting the cost of the cruise with another couple they my not be happy especially after they see the master bedroom.

If the one adult is small they could use the bunk above the bed , it would allow more room in there. I don't know what the limits are for the bunk.

• Like 1

We usually sail in 2-bedrooms and our friend stays in the second bedroom. The room suits her fine -- it is like having her own single cabin (small) inside a bigger cabin in the Haven. I think it would be tight for two people -- especially if anyone is uncomfortable in tight spaces.

I would never consider splitting the cost with another couple -- there is no comparison between the master bedroom and second bedroom. The only way I would consider it coming close to equal is if the couple in the second bedroom received the included alcohol/dining package (and the couple in the master paid for theirs). 

The second bedroom is very small. With the lower double bed made it fills most of the space. With that said it is just a place to sleep. The suite has a large living room which will very comfortably accommodate the four of you. Plus all four of you will be Haven guests. I think your friends will be over the moon.

When we share we split the nights in half and move rooms with half way through.   The cabin steward changes linens and it’s all good.   It seems smaller on Getaway since bathroom is at far end of room.  Epic has bathroom when you enter second bedroom.  Much more room 

Edited by mingo

Sardines sounds about right.....my husband and I book this cabin type but we only use the second bedroom for storage and for second  bathroom when we are running late and need for both of us to shower at once.  It would work fine for younger children I think.

17 hours ago, peanders said:

We booked the 2 bedroom and invited friends as the free 3rd and 4th person so they will just be paying the port fees, about $400, it’s a 9 day cruise so I’m hoping that’s not a bad deal for them

I would be happy to be in the second bedroom with this arrangement (or even paying the usual 3/4th guest rate which is typically pretty low) but definitely not splitting total cost in half.

18 hours ago, peanders said:

We booked the 2 bedroom and invited friends as the free 3rd and 4th person so they will just be paying the port fees, about $400, it’s a 9 day cruise so I’m hoping that’s not a bad deal for them

I think as long as you are not splitting the cost equally and they know things might be tight, this is fine. 

Definitely ask for an egg crate topper. 

Enjoy the cruise!