Excursion Start Times

carlsbadguy

Are the start times that are listed for the excursions on Oceania's website the time you need to meet for the excursion or do you need to arrive 15 minutes or so before the stated time?  Does the group usually meet somewhere on the ship or do you meet off the ship at a bus?

First Oceania cruise so trying to figure out logistics.

51 minutes ago, carlsbadguy said:

Are the start times that are listed for the excursions on Oceania's website the time you need to meet for the excursion or do you need to arrive 15 minutes or so before the stated time?  Does the group usually meet somewhere on the ship or do you meet off the ship at a bus?

First Oceania cruise so trying to figure out logistics.

Time specified on O website (and/or in "blue book") is anticipated start time for tour.

Always check your tix once provided in your cabin onboard for specified meeting time/location (most often showroom in AM (possibly ashore in PM). 

Then, check daily Currents for any last minute changes.

Note that, for ease in planning, you can request a PDF of tours for your cruise months in advance. But, they are often not the final version you'll see on the web.

In all our Oceania cruises, it is just as FF described.

Meet in the theater, take your tickets to  turn in at the desk and then given you're given a plastic card with a number.  When number called you exit as a group to the pier, where you locate the buses/etc,  waiting with a driver/rep with said number of the tour you're taking. 

Afternoon can be either a theater or pier meet, but this is always noted in the Currents the night before or any last minute changes are announced by the CD.

I would allow more time than 15 minutes to actually get there.  Sometimes there's a line of people checking in which can hold you up.  You wait until they call your number and then you head for the tender or bus.

When I have arranged a private tour I ask people to meet me in reception 15 minutes before we're supposed to meet our guide off the ship.  The only person who has ever been late is ... my husband.  We call him the late Mr. Mager ...

Mura

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mura - I think we're married to the same man... lol.  When he was an hour plus late to our wedding rehearsal, I should have cut and run.  Almost 53 years later, he's still in the same rhythm.  And, yes, I call him "the late Mr. P."  Morning, noon or night, it's the same.

• Like 1