New Coffee Card/Package Available

Lady Arwen

5 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

On the new ships, I hear that the standard coffee is better....

Anyhow, I am just curious.   We had one of the old coffee cards, and I believe sometimes the staff at the IC would punch them twice for a large (higher value) specialty drink.   (not sure how common this was) If this new package is good for "15 beverages",  then would that include the large and higher value drinks, as one beverage?

If so, the value of the new package could be greater than the old cards.

We asked on the Crown before ordering. Large coffee was one 'punch', same as a small coffee.

On 8/30/2019 at 5:07 PM, Lido deck main said:

I wouldn’t purchase it for a cruise less then 15 days, I just like one speciality coffee per day while on a cruise.  I just drink regular coffee day to day, so having one speciality coffee per day is a treat. 

define "regular" coffee. The free coffee is made from a liquid concentrate and tastes awful. For me, being able to stomach my coffee is pretty priceless. I cheerfully purchase the beverage card for the unlimited brewed coffee. 

Does New Grounds Coffee package include all drinks on the menu? It shows fruit blended drinks as well as coolers. Can we redeem for that? My mom does not drink coffee but she loves fruity drinks/smoothie and ice cream. Can it be used for gelato? Hope to get more info to help decide whether to buy her the package. 

54 minutes ago, whattodo said:

Does New Grounds Coffee package include all drinks on the menu? It shows fruit blended drinks as well as coolers. Can we redeem for that? My mom does not drink coffee but she loves fruity drinks/smoothie and ice cream. Can it be used for gelato? Hope to get more info to help decide whether to buy her the package. 

a) The New Grounds Coffee Package does not include anything other than coffees, teas and hot chocolate. Brewed coffee regular tea and hot chocolate is unlimited. The specialty coffees and teas are limited to 15.

see https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-package-disclaimer/

b) The Premier Coffee and Soda package ($19.99/day plus 18% gratuity) will also include sodas, fruit juices and mocktails.

No package includes gelato. Free ice cream is available in the dining rooms at lunch and dinner.

I normally do not drink "foo foo" (what my hubby calls it) coffee on a daily or even monthly status.

It is one of the many things that I look forward to on a Princess cruise. I will have several double espresso's throughout the day. 

It is about time that they went to a more electronic tabulation for consumption of a purchased drink package. I plan on using my phone to tally my drinks that way I will know if I need to buy another round of 15 coffees.

Someone had stated that they did not understand why they would have to pay extra for a better quality coffee. I would guess for the same reason that you have to pay extra for a better quality meal. Sabatini's, Crown grill, etc.

• Like 2